It’s official Joe Biden becomes the 46 President of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once you have got it right.

The Trump family has enriched themselves these four years, also getting huge loans in China.
No they didn't. And let's be clear. If there was the remotest chance that Trump committed a crime Pelosi, Schiff, and Nadler would've been all over it for impeachment. Doesn't matter that it has no chance with a Republican Senate.

Republicans for four years have had to endure a Russian collusion hoax, a ridiculous impeachment charge, a behind the scenes attempted coup, Hillary being let off of very serious charges, a media that refused to cover a huge scandal concerning the former vice-president selling influence to make millions for himself and his family. A man that on government salaries for 47 years managed to buy multiple multimillion dollar mansions. So forgive me if I don't share your one sided view of things.
If you just spent 10 min on the internet, you can find rather detailed accounting of Joe Biden’s income sources and net worth - most coming from post VP time with book proceeds and speaking engagements. You know why it’s so easy to find? Because Biden has been open kimono on his financial records. Unlike Trump, who’s tax returns continue to be shrouded in secrecy. Biden’s income has been more than enough to pay for his 2 houses - which are collectively worth about $3.5 million.

Republicans for four years have had to endure a Russian collusion hoax, a ridiculous impeachment charge, a behind the scenes attempted coup, Hillary being let off of very serious charges, a media that refused to cover a huge scandal concerning the former vice-president selling influence to make millions for himself and his family. A man that on government salaries for 47 years managed to buy multiple multimillion dollar mansions. So forgive me if I don't share your one sided view of things.

You remind me of an old Russian joke. Loosely translated:

Question:
Is it true that Professor Stapleton won $100,000 in the lottery?

Answer:
1. It wasn’t Stapleton, it was Baskerville.
2. He isn’t a professor, he fixes shoes.
3. It wasn’t $100,000, it was $100.
4. It wasn’t the lottery, it was a game of poker.
5. He didn’t win it, he lost it.
The rest is all correct.

I’ll try and refrain from debating further, once reality is in dispute there’s not much of a point.

I hope @camberiu is wrong and enough of a critical mass of the US polity will come to its senses. Failing that, it’s been a nice ride. Whoever has lived through Argentina will find a lot of the familiar in the US in the coming years. Starting with the transition, which is already echoing CFK-Macri.

EDITED TO ADD: That leaves Canada as Uruguay? It’s not the worst analogy.

Last edited:
What a load of hooey.

I'd venture that far more than 450,000 people vote only for the president and no other candidate on a ballot. That guy Sidney should look into all of them.

He’s had four years to act in a manner befitting the office he occupies. What a start that would be.
Is this the manner befitting the office that you are missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back