It’s official Joe Biden becomes the 46 President of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you harass and arrest opposition leaders it doesn't lead to legitimate elections, but the US doesn't care about that. It's because they aren't an ally. I don't hear them complaining about the lack of elections in Kuwait.

Kuwaitis are not complaining either. I have many students from various Gulf states, and none of them seem to object to the monarchical nature of their governments. And it's not that they are afraid to complain. Many of my Saudi students have complained quite volubly about the recent increase in VAT from 5% to 15%.

But I understand this is not your point. You're right that Uncle Sam doesn't give a pedo de burro about democracy or the lack thereof. That's just an excuse. Any stick will do to beat an ugly dog.

Ok. Two days of chaos, and, OMG, an assault on democracy! But all that matters, and all most folks care about—except this board, apparently—are their investments. And yesterday’s Day of Infamy and today’s Day Following the Day of Infamy have resulted in a meteoric rise in the Nasdaq and Bitcoin. I say let’s have an attempted revolution everyday. No one cares about politics, just profit. The world is that simple. Invest more, worry less.

Attachments

• D4FCEBB8-3184-43EA-9D1E-00D15F4A0B4B.jpeg
    D4FCEBB8-3184-43EA-9D1E-00D15F4A0B4B.jpeg
    847.2 KB · Views: 4
Bullshit. She was in a mob of domestic terrorists breaking into the Congress. Climbing in a smashed window. She is responsible for her death. Incited by tRump.

I'm guessing you haven't seen the actual video. US media have published some confusing video that shows nothing but a bunch of heads. PressTV had the courage to publish the one video that shows the African-American guard shooting the Caucasian woman, and the race issue is probably why the US media won't show it. This whole business is being spun very hard, Aztangogirl, and it's worth asking ourselves why.

The window was cracked but intact, and she wasn't crawling anywhere; she was just standing there. She was murdered in cold blood.But look for yourself -
And if you watch the video to the end, you see there are already cops on the victim's side of the door. Indeed most of the crowd are "journalists" with cameras and phones. This shooting was totally gratuitous and unnecessary.

If a phone makes someone a journalist, most of the planet would have a press pass.

Next time me and the boys break into a civic building having killed and injured the security guards protecting it, I must remember to waggle my phone about so people recognize me as a freedom loving patriot and not a domestic terrorist.

You will note please that I put the word "journalist" in quotation marks.

This thread doesn't have to turn into a confrontation. Just because people in the US are tearing at each other in a frenzy doesn't mean we expats have to do the same.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you haven't seen the actual video. US media have published some confusing video that shows nothing but a bunch of heads. PressTV had the courage to publish the one video that shows the African-American guard shooting the Caucasian woman, and the race issue is probably why the US media won't show it. This whole business is being spun very hard, Aztangogirl, and it's worth asking ourselves why.

The window was cracked but intact, and she wasn't crawling anywhere; she was just standing there. She was murdered in cold blood.But look for yourself -
And if you watch the video to the end, you see there are already cops on the victim's side of the door. Indeed most of the crowd are "journalists" with cameras and phones. This shooting was totally gratuitous and unnecessary.
You are wrong. A domestic terrorist was killed trespassing in our Congress. Do you have any tears for the hundreds of black and brown people killed by the police with no consequences? I doubt it. This riot, this insurrection was fomented and incited by tRump. He needs to be removed TODAY!.

You will note please that I put the word "journalist" in quotation marks.

This thread doesn't have to turn into a confrontation. Just because people in the US are tearing at each other in a frenzy doesn't mean we expats have to do the same.
No, sorry. I will never agree with anyone who supports tRump and his cult . tRump is done, but he has left hate, division, lies, conspiracy theories and rampant racism and anti semitism in his wake. Every single person who supports tRump should be ashamed. They are traitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back