It’s official Joe Biden becomes the 46 President of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time tomorrow the world will breathe a little easier (fingers crossed). Still, what to do about tens of millions of delusional right-wingers remains to be seen.
Let's incarcerate them along with the tens of millions who fervently believed Trump colluded with Russians and caged little kids on the border(with proof provided by pics from 2014 no less)as conjured up by Democrat politicians to whip their constituents into a frenzy. See, it works both ways.

He printed so much money that our country's creditors started to threaten to not buy our bonds and to replace the Dollar as the reserve currency.

25% of all USD was created in 2020. More than 3 trillion. If you didn't like money printing under Obama, you must really hate it under Trump. Get ready for more in 2021.

I don't care who's in office as long as they create an environment where businesses can thrive and our kids can find jobs.

I don't think trade wars (specially indiscriminate ones against everyone at the same time) and identity based protectionism are examples of "creating an environment where businesses can thrive and our kids can find jobs".
In 2020 China's trade surplus with the US was almost US$700 billion, the largest since 2015, despite Trump's trade war. He did not get a single concession out of China, but industry groups estimate that his trade war cost about 240 thousand US jobs.
SOURCE

Also, his whole rhetoric is about somehow turning back the clock and bringing back high paying manufacturing jobs to the US is a pipedream. Here is the reality: Even if he somehow can bring the factories back, jobs that pay US$30/hour for someone with a high school education to screw parts into an appliance will never come back. Ever. These jobs will be automated. But that was the dream that he was selling. The world has changed (it will always change) but he promises the old ways instead of a pathway forwards. He sells dreams that he cannot deliver. He was a con artists. A used car salesman.

This time tomorrow the world will breathe a little easier (fingers crossed). Still, what to do about tens of millions of delusional right-wingers remains to be seen.
Yes, and here's to sundown on this day which it seemed would never come as we paid a pound of flesh over and over to make it through the perilous days, since of all things a guy and gal just won an election. And okay, it seems like living through a sci-fi horror movie when flesh eating, senseless crazies, large and small are called forth seemingly out of nowhere, from their incubating sleeves.
We hope, with the withering of their godhead that they'll also shrivel and die of for lack of their source.
Who is to say, tomorrow another day, and looking forward foremost to witness a rebirth in leadership of the good and the true. And let the Devil take the hindmost.

Who is to say, tomorrow another day, and looking forward foremost to witness a rebirth in leadership of the good and the true.

You are in for such a disappointment. I am sure the Ukrainians being liberated from the Nazi by Stalin's troops thought the same thing.
Joe Biden and his crew are owned and paid for by Goldman Sachs, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin and JP Morgan.

You are in for such a disappointment. I am sure the Ukrainians being liberated from the Nazi by Stalin's troops thought the same thing.
Joe Biden and his crew are owned and paid for by Goldman Sachs, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin and JP Morgan.
Bullshit, you are as lost as the cynical rest of it here. Get a life.

Bullshit, you are as lost as the cynical rest of it here. Get a life.
I am always amused at people who cling to the idea that career politicians are "your friend" and that they "care about you". I guess it is the type of idolatry that replaced religion as society becomes more secular.
Power doesn't corrupt, power attracts the corruptible, the narcissists, the sociopath. People how really care and want to change the world for the better don't enter politics. They volunteer, they become activists, they found NGOs and work at the grassroots level to change the world for the better. Biden is as much of a racketeer as Trump.

I am always amused at people who cling to the idea that career politicians are "your friend" and that they "care about you". I guess it is the type of idolatry that replaced religion as society becomes more secular.
Power doesn't corrupt, power attracts the corruptible, the narcissists, the sociopath. People how really care and want to change the world for the better don't enter politics. They volunteer, they become activists, they found NGOs and work at the grassroots level to change the world for the better. Biden is as much of a racketeer as Trump.
Really! spare us your condescending amusement. There are good leaders, have been good leaders, hopefully will be good leaders in future. There are good and decent people in the world and in leadership roles. And we live in a system that is governed by politicians, the form of government we've elected to follow.
'Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.' W. Churchill
No sale. You offer nothing. Your lopsided cynicism is as corrupt as the story you're selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back