It's As Cold As A Witch's Tit Today...

Cold I can take. And better if the cold surrounding is closer to ski slopes! But if the Bs As cold is mixed with cold freezing rains, then will have reluctance to be residing there.
So hoping that Bs As winter is devoid of the rain when I go over-there.!
It's humid here most of the time. Even thought the winter is relatively mild; the humidity makes it seem uncomfortable. Precipitation is fairly regular here with some periods of too much rain. I enjoy the [few] days of cold dry air from the antarctic.
It's funny to see Argentines bundle themselves up as if they were in freezing weather even if the temp is only 6° C. They can't imagine -40° C when I tell people about Canadian prairies winter.
The summer here is good and long, but always gets too hot in January-February. This gets compounded by the almost certain power grid collapse that ensues leaving large areas of the city without power and bitching about the heat. I don't mind it so much except for the wife constant complaining "que calor!"

I can remember playing hockey on an outdoor ice rink in Calgary, Alberta, Canada (some 35 years ago). I don't remember the exact temperature, but it was certainly well below 0 - Fahrenheit. A minute's shift on the ice and I was sweating buckets, 10 seconds on the bench waiting for the next line change and some of my sweat was already literally freezing.

THAT'S cold. :) Colder than hoarfrost on a boar's whiskers. (or is it boarfrost on a hoar's whiskers? Hehe)

I get a kick out of the friolentos here who are dressed up in parkas and start covering their mouths with scarves when the temperatures drop below 18-20 degrees. Heating here kills me - my apartment has no controls for the building central heating and often causes me to sweat so much I have to open a window to cool things down. Walking down the street in a light jacket and I step into a clothing store to look at something and I'm suddenly so hot I'm getting dizzy thanks to the heaters going full...

And I'm from Houston. Hotter than Buenos Aires in the summer time, with similar humidity, and colder in the winters (at least at the annual extremes - I've been through many ice storms in Houston, but only once did I see snow here and as I understand that was the first time in 89 years, here in the city itself).

Doesn't matter where I am, I sweat my ass off in the summers and feel relatively comfortable in moderately cool climates in which I have found myself since Calgary. Buenos Aires is certainly more moderate in climate, for me.

Back