It's raining again - Get out your waders

Liam3494

Registered
Another day of heavy rain, and no doubt more stories of flooding will emerge - Makes me think that the cold weather back home may be more welcoming!

I hope it rains in Southern Buenos Aires, too. Farmers there are desperate for a little rain.

Well, it is definitely raining here in Avellaneda, not that far south, but it looks wet across this side of the country. What the farmers don't need is this kind of heavy rain, as it washes the top soil away, and doesn't get a chance to permeate the ground - They need a few days of Irish Rain, steady drizzle....

I agree that a slow, steady drizzle is best, but after several months of a severe drought farmers are grateful for any kind of rain. Even the wells are running low.

I experienced something of the sort last summer - it was so dry that I said a prayer every time I turned a faucet on. Our well did not run dry, but some of our neighbors' wells did.

I only came here to escape the winter rain. And sunbathe from my beautiful roof top terrace.

It has rained more here than back home. And I can almost count the sunbathing opportunities on two hands.

Did CK piss off Al Gore?

arichie said:
I only came here to escape the winter rain. And sunbathe from my beautiful roof top terrace.

It has rained more here than back home. And I can almost count the sunbathing opportunities on two hands.

Did CK piss off Al Gore?

CK has pissed off JC

Back