• Strong familiarity with computers and the internet
• Responsible
• Open to learning new things

Duties include:

• Reply to emails from users in your native language
• Quality control of the ads that users post in our website
• Translation of web site pages into your native language

If interested, you can send your resume (cv) to michael at olx.com

I've posted this same text on the BANewcomers group at Yahoo! in case you see it in both places.

"Fishface" said:
Damn! I'm 31.
I missed that excellent opportunity.
Same here. Estonian doesn't belong to the Indo-European family of languages, and only 1.5m Estonians speak it (but it's very close to Finnish, and not too distant from Hungarian).

"bigbadwolf" said:
Same here. Estonian doesn't belong to the Indo-European family of languages, and only 1.5m Estonians speak it (but it's very close to Finnish, and not too distant from Hungarian).
How close? The aim for the project is to translate our site for use in Estonia (and Indonesia and Hungary, respectively) They seem to be the smallest political entity in the EU, based on their 1.5 million population, so I suspect there are not a large number of people here in BA, however it doesn't hurt to post the opening.

Estonian is virtually a dialect of Finnish; intelligent, educated native speakers of each understand the other easily. Magyar -- Hungarian -- really is a separate language, though of the same Turko-Ugric family. No Indonesian language, so far as I'm aware, is a member of that family.

"maddo" said:
How close? The aim for the project is to translate our site for use in Estonia (and Indonesia and Hungary, respectively) They seem to be the smallest political entity in the EU, based on their 1.5 million population, so I suspect there are not a large number of people here in BA, however it doesn't hurt to post the opening.
You'd be better off trying to hire someone in Estonia (I'm not kidding). Both Estonia and Latvia produce people with top-notch internet and programming skills (Skype has transferred some if its work to Tallinn, Estonia). And the wage rates will be competitive with Buenos Aires, with a far better work ethic.

"RWS" said:
Estonian is virtually a dialect of Finnish; intelligent, educated native speakers of each understand the other easily. Magyar -- Hungarian -- really is a separate language, though of the same Turko-Ugric family. No Indonesian language, so far as I'm aware, is a member of that family.
This might help to widen the search field for a candidate. Thanks much for the information.MA

"bigbadwolf" said:
You'd be better off trying to hire someone in Estonia (I'm not kidding). Both Estonia and Latvia produce people with top-notch internet and programming skills (Skype has transferred some if its work to Tallinn, Estonia). And the wage rates will be competitive with Buenos Aires, with a far better work ethic.
This is a great idea, in this case. Thanks for the input!

Back