Joe Talks: Best Flour For Making Pancakes

Joe

Registered
This is the beginning of a new series where Joe leads you through the intricacies of expat life in Argentina and guides you to a state of utter expatriot bliss.

The first talk is on: Which flour to use when making pancake batter. The answer is Blancaflor with Zitazinc. If you want you can also mix in some Pureza Harina Integral to make it slightly healthier.

Use a mix of Mendoza grape seed oil and butter in your frying pan.

Enjoy a heavenly pancake that is so good that you don't even need maple syrup - just butter and jam or Nutella or chopped pineapple.

mix butter and oil???
heresy!!
Anyway with a good pan no need for either one.

Ejcot , dont even think about telling these heathens the secrets of mnacaroon bars and tablet.....

I made tablet here once. I was told it was like some random hard chewy dulce de leche thing they make here. It really didn't though.

I should try making Flapjack at some point. Although I've not seen any golden syrup around these parts for a long long time. :(

If you want you can also mix in some Pureza Harina Integral to make it slightly healthier.

Where are you finding harina integral????? I had given up on finding any (I also admittedly haven't looked too terribly hard). That's the brand I used to buy but I haven't seen it anywhere in quite some time.

Back