Keratin treatment

Ola

Registered
So I would like to have a keratin treatment, which I had previously in States (not the brazilian blow, milder version), and it seems it is quite popular here. Did any of you girls had it done? Good results - more body, fuller hair and a bit straighter, and applyed with the str.iron. If so, any good salon recommendations?

Hi: had one at Maldito Frizz in Palermo...Jorge Luis Borges...not a bad job but request one of the girls to do it...the guy not so great...

as the name says they should be experts in it :) thank you for the info

Hair looks gorgeous after keratin treatment but I've heard that the vapours of the chemicals they use for the treatment contain poisonous formaldehyde. Maybe that's just a rumour, but I don't feel like proving it wrong

hey! great post! i need info too! i have super curly hair, and i was told that it was would be great to do it to add some shine and eliminate frizz, but I'm afraid ill lose my curls, they're super tight and i like em that way!

ok, so the thing times out... When I have another 1/2 hour free I will re rewrite something on word then post.
Basically Japanese system has no Formol and the other generally do. You may find more info on my blog http://globaljet.weebly.me

Valarie said:
Hair looks gorgeous after keratin treatment but I've heard that the vapours of the chemicals they use for the treatment contain poisonous formaldehyde. Maybe that's just a rumour, but I don't feel like proving it wrong

I've heard this too, but mostly I've heard that it is a problem for the hairdressers that work with those chemicals everyday... not so much an issue for the customer who is only exposed for a short time. Of course even just limited exposure probably isn't best...

But as my aunt likes to say "para presumir hay que sufrir..." ;)

Has anyone tried the Japanese hair straightening system by Yuko? Can anyone recommend a salon?

The Japanese system is an ionic system and not progressive like the keratin shock. Once its straight its straight.
Generally a lot more expensive than the Brazillian shock treats, but I always liked the result.

Sorry, cannot remeber the name of the place I saw...

Back