kindle 2

Napoleon, question is how many books can you realistically read in a year? When is breakeven, the other thing is you can get magazine subscription and newspapers on kindle so that may be a value added. I am getting close to thinking it may be worth it

Personally, I don't know if I've read 36 books in my life. (Although I'm a voracious reader of the internets.)

But some people are trying to support a book-a-week habit. Even if you're dealing with a book-a-month habit, I think the convenience factor might win out. Actually reading what you want vs. reading what you can find and tolerate seems like the Tipping Point to me.

Plus, the fact that you can always be carrying around your "next book", without actually having to carry around your next book sounds like a great option to have.

Yes, in my opinion, reading is far better on the actual kindle than on the iphone with the kindle app. For me, reading on the iphone (or any other pda type device I have tried in the past) for any length of time gets uncomfortable and just never "feels" right. Using the kindle is just as comfortable and natural as a physical book for me.

When we came here last October, Tom and I both brought our Kindles and are SOOOOO glad. Downloading the books to the computer is a minor inconvenience and having access to such a large library of affordable English books is completely dreamy.

We did have some issues with our charger while traveling through Southern Patagonia, which you can read about on the blog: http://www.micheleandtom.com/2009/01/kindle-catastrophe/. It makes you realize that you get nothing in terms of useful support from Amazon when you reside in South America, but I suppose that is to be expected.

We give the Kindle 2 enthusiastic thumbs up and 5 stars.

Back