Knitting Mad

nikad said:
Ahhh tb, I am Argentine, my hubby is the Expat ;) lol, trust me, I am bitter, twisted :)

Oh hell I'd better shut up, I've seen what they say here about argentine women!
PD don't come looking for me I've already left.

tangobob said:
Oh hell I'd better shut up, I've seen what they say here about argentine women!
PD don't come looking for me I've already left.
bwhahahahah :p

If you think you get weird looks in Argentina as a woman knitting or crocheting, you have no idea the looks I get, as a man doing it.
I have been knitting and crocheting since the late 60's, so I am kinda used to it, but since crafts in general here are considered lower class, I am usually met with total bewilderment when I pull out my yarn.

Ries, that is awesome! I can imagine you create quite a scene. You sound like you would fit in with the knitters in Portland, OR, where the men have been known to break out the needles of the yarn variety!

My mother taught my brother, my husband and myself how to knit one Christmas a few years ago -- it was sort of an "old fashioned Christmas." Usually one of us was practicing the piano or playing the guitar and the rest were frantically trying to knit with an even gauge! It's harder than it looks when you are first starting out.

My brother stuck with it for awhile and would knit on planes and received his share of weird looks, but usually women thought it was cool. My husband still has his unfinished scarf sitting in storage back in the US!

Back