Lactaid pills? Dairy Digestive supplement?

sabordesoledad

Registered
Hi Everyone,
I'm desperately looking for some Lactaid pills or other dairy digestive supplement to help my girlfriend enjoy the last month of her vacation here. We haven't been able to find ANY in pharmacies and from what I hear they do not exist in BA.

Have any of you been able to find them? If not, does anyone have an extra stash they would be willing to part with? I'll pay!

Shot in the dark, but I thought I'd try.

Thanks!

You can find LACTAS comprimidos, from Laboratorio Dominguez, at any pharmacy. It only contains lactase, not the vitamins and proteins that lactaid has.

sabordesoledad, Roxana is right, except that you won't necessarily be able to find them in just any pharmacy. My wife and I just moved here from New York and she is lactose intolerant. We checked a few smaller pharmacies in Palermo with no luck, but while walking towards Recoleta, found a larger/nicer one on the corner of Ave Charcas y Guise that had the LACTAS brand lactasa from Laboratorio Dominguez. Only thing is that in the states, we're used to paying around $18 USD for 60 pills, while today we paid $160 ARS for only 20 pills. Anyway, I will post an update on the efficacy compared to Lactaid when she tries them. From the info in your post, your girlfriend has probably left by now, but hopefully this info will be useful for future travelers.

BrooklynStandUp said:
Only thing is that in the states, we're used to paying around $18 USD for 60 pills, while today we paid $160 ARS for only 20 pills.

This is why I bring back loads of vitamins & supplements from the States. The price gauging in the supplement bidniz is mind bottling

Just wanted to post a quick update and say that the LACTAS brand pills seem to do the trick just as well as Lactaid. So if you're in a pinch and can afford them, they do the trick.

Back