Language Use In Ba?

After you arrive in September, perhaps you could take a stab at novelizing one of the scenes in my screenplay about foreigners living in Argentina. I'm strong on plot and dialogue but weak on narrative prose...

A lot of millionaires created their wealth by offering something they produced that sells for less than ten dollars. We should become two of them.

As long as there's no zombies and blood level kept moderate or lower! B)

Hehe, writing is the easiest part. Not sure if I'm any good at writing or not. I only know I'm meant to write because dreaming is what I do best. :wub: Marketing is the hard part :confused:

As long as there's no zombies and blood level kept moderate or lower! B)

There are no zombies and hardly any blood in my story, but Dr. No will probably find a use for at least one of those words in his next post.

Hehe, writing is the easiest part. Not sure if I'm any good at writing or not. I only know I'm meant to write because dreaming is what I do best. :wub: Marketing is the hard part :confused:

There's an audience already waiting to read the story and it's big enough to make it worth the time to write it.

And I know where they are and how to reach them.
emo32.gif

There's an audience already waiting to read the story and it's big enough to make it worth the time to write it.

And I know where they are and how to reach them.

The "audience" is there, such as it is, but even zombies don't read the clones of their favorite hack novelist.

I'm still hoping for a response to the request which I politely made, which was based on posts that preceded it:

Inspired by hack novelist, fanboy creates screenplay tribute that displays even less literary acumen.

Weren't you crying about personal attacks a few threads ago?

This was merely succinct evidentiary criticism.

If that is true, would you please copy and paste the exact portion of the "screenplay tribute that displays even less literary acumen" than the book that you believe the screenplay tributes.

I'm sure other members of the forum would like to see your evidence.

And I'd love to see what I've yet to write.
emo32.gif

How about writing screenplays for telenovelas? :D England already made Eastenders multiculti. How about a telenovela parody that is half expat?

How about this plot... which might eventually appeal to all the fans of Fifty shades of Gray :wub:

The hero might be an Argentine millionaire, diguised as a descamisado. The heroine would be an expat, yet a clandestine doughter of a former dictator's younger brother, a fruit of his gap year trip to Europe, which would only be revealed towards the end. First relatively coy, later developing into a dominatrix, elegantly resolving the blue dollar crisis as we go?

I could write, make it an international bestseller, then Steve might write the screenplay and Polka or Telefe would turn it into a goldmine??? Starring preferably Facundo Arana, with either Romina Gaetani or Natalia Oreiro :)

No zombies???? and no blood??wth!!! yeah what's next? no smoking and no guns? oh and milanesas hating? thaaaaat's it i'm out! :p

From the writing talent so far on display, it's not hard to extrapolate.

Here are some examples of "writing talent so far on display." What can be extrapolated from these posts? Could it possibly be evidence of a lack of literary acumen...or is it a sorrowful example of a geriatric suffering from chronic irony deficiency?

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 21 May 2015 - 06:36 PM in Culture

wild_horses, on 21 May 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:
Sorry, forgot to put ajoknoblauch, you fit right in the description.

You should avoid looking in the mirror as you write.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 19 February 2015 - 11:59 PM in Articles

Pensador, on 19 February 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:
The only shortcomings you will find in free market fundamentalism are your own failures.

You appear to be addressing the mirror.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 09 February 2015 - 10:33 PM in Newcomers Forum

Pensador, on 09 February 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:
To be honest it completely sucks that these excellent people with their country have you for their neighbors. Living on the pristine coast and watching your hordes of vacation seekers roll in from across the river and treat the place crap is just another reflection of Argentine corruption. Your rude uneducated and frankly disgusting.

You should probably be addressing the bathroom mirror.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 23 September 2014 - 07:33 AM in Newcomers Forum

Caliexpat, on 23 September 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:
You've completely missed the point of my post. You've taken what I said and gone a completely different direction. Have fun with your one sided conversation. Idiot.

Well, yes, he or she has taken what you said in a meaningful direction. When you start calling people names, you might look in the mirror first.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 27 June 2014 - 12:08 PM in Articles

PhilipDT, on 27 June 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:
As I mentioned in my previous post, you're entitled to have your own stupid incorrect opinions.

You're entitled to look in the mirror when you say that.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 15 February 2014 - 06:01 PM in Expat Life

jackbower, on 15 February 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:
What the hell are you blabbering about. youre clearly delusional.

Jack is addressing the mirror again.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 26 January 2014 - 05:32 PM in Expat Life

jackbower, on 26 January 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:
okay. So basically you're trolling. Good luck with that.

So you continue to address the mirror.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 26 January 2014 - 05:27 PM in Expat Life

jackbower, on 26 January 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:
what are you babbling about?

Presumably you are looking in the mirror when you say that.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 06 December 2013 - 10:13 PM in Culture

internationalguy, on 06 December 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:
Maybe so, my point is that you should try pointing out the positive, like the things you think are better, You should try to say good things about the things you like instead of berating everything and everyone you don't agree with.

Perhaps you should look in the mirror when you say that.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 17 September 2013 - 05:57 PM in Newcomers Forum

samiamm, on 17 September 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:
And I am sure that you treat your wife with the disdain you treat us all here in Argentina . Go back to the Shilenos and your beautiful Santiago .

Certain individuals invite disdain, but my wife and the great majority of Argentines are not among them. Perhaps you should look in the mirror more often.

Thanks! :)

Hehe, didn't really want it sound like a complaint about England. Sorry if it does. In fact, England gave me a lot. It's good to hear about people for whom it worked.I experienced something like your wife did, back in Sweden. Great job, great company, great salary, high respect, fast promotion...

When I came to England, I was looking for something similar to that. To my surprise, there were hardly any vacancies requiring more than one language. After sending out hundreds of applications, I finally got contacted by a language recruitment company, hiring for a call-centre. Looking for someone with native Czech, wage right next to minimum. Another language recruitment company interviewed me, for a more realistic position, and later apologized that the position was only open for people with English as first language. It took me months to understand it was not a joke. By that time, I already knew way too many foreign PhDs and engineers working in fast-foods. After long months of living in one of the most expensive cities in the world, I had to find at least some job. So I found one I wouldn't mind doing, only put in my CV the things relevant for that position and got it.

It took me much longer (years), to understand that these stereotypes are not written in stone and I don't have to buy into them. Well, at least I learned a few lessons I would have missed otherwise B) Actually, I also met an Argentine who came to London, spent a week to find out where he wants to work, got the job at first attempt, got promoted fast and made a stellar carrier! Oh boy, he had some really contagious vibe, so phanatical about what he's doing! :rolleyes:

Ah was that the problem you were looking for jobs that were specifically for languages. If thats one thing that is probably oversubscribed in England is language specific jobs due to the amount of immigrants, i mean expats ;-). If you were say qualified in an area but had the benefits of knowing lots of languages then its only a positive thing. My wife started working in a coffee shop in London whilst she studied business English. She landed a job after a few years in a local firm doing boring clerical work but it was the stepping stone. In 5 years she was working for a bank in the city earning more than me. It was amazing how many latin people I met in London through my wife who were high earners. People who grew up in Argentina or Columbia now taking weekend breaks to the med to play a few rounds of golf. It just takes time , luck, hard work and the confidence to succeed.

Back