Language Use In Ba?

If you are at all interested in computer systems or an analytical sort of person get in touch with IBM if you have a work permit here. They don't pay well, but they will train you from zero and you may be able to survive on the salary they give you. It is not a career move as they are moving their long term plans to Africa.

Lycka till.

If you are at all interested in computer systems or an analytical sort of person get in touch with IBM if you have a work permit here.

Note to Dada: Argentine migraciones won't give you a "work permit" (temporary residency based on employment) unless you are being hired by a company that already has (or is willing to ask for) permission to hire foreigners. If you go "job hunting" every potential employer will ask if you have a DNI and you only get the DNI after you are granted temporary residency based on the job.

Employers who already have permission to hire foreigners help them get the temporary residency and the DNI (usually) arrives in the mail "shortly" thereafter.

If you never heard of the DNI before your first visit to Argentina (or still don't know much about it) you are not alone. The first post I made in this forum in July of 2006 was a question about the DNI (national ID). There were fewer than 600 members at that time.

Other ways to get a DNI:

Become a full time student (Then you will get a DNI and can go job hunting).
Give birth in Argentina.
Marry an Argentine (you can get citizenship with this one).
Marry a permanent resident.

You could also marry a temporary resident but if their residency expires I believe that so would yours, but you'd still be married.
emo32.gif

Here are some examples of "writing talent so far on display." What can be extrapolated from these posts? Could it possibly be evidence of a lack of literary acumen...or is it a sorrowful example of a geriatric suffering from chronic irony deficiency?

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 21 May 2015 - 06:36 PM in Culture

wild_horses, on 21 May 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:
Sorry, forgot to put ajoknoblauch, you fit right in the description.

You should avoid looking in the mirror as you write.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 19 February 2015 - 11:59 PM in Articles

Pensador, on 19 February 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:
The only shortcomings you will find in free market fundamentalism are your own failures.

You appear to be addressing the mirror.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 09 February 2015 - 10:33 PM in Newcomers Forum

Pensador, on 09 February 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:
To be honest it completely sucks that these excellent people with their country have you for their neighbors. Living on the pristine coast and watching your hordes of vacation seekers roll in from across the river and treat the place crap is just another reflection of Argentine corruption. Your rude uneducated and frankly disgusting.

You should probably be addressing the bathroom mirror.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 23 September 2014 - 07:33 AM in Newcomers Forum

Caliexpat, on 23 September 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:
You've completely missed the point of my post. You've taken what I said and gone a completely different direction. Have fun with your one sided conversation. Idiot.

Well, yes, he or she has taken what you said in a meaningful direction. When you start calling people names, you might look in the mirror first.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 27 June 2014 - 12:08 PM in Articles

PhilipDT, on 27 June 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:
As I mentioned in my previous post, you're entitled to have your own stupid incorrect opinions.

You're entitled to look in the mirror when you say that.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 15 February 2014 - 06:01 PM in Expat Life

jackbower, on 15 February 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:
What the hell are you blabbering about. youre clearly delusional.

Jack is addressing the mirror again.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 26 January 2014 - 05:32 PM in Expat Life

jackbower, on 26 January 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:
okay. So basically you're trolling. Good luck with that.

So you continue to address the mirror.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 26 January 2014 - 05:27 PM in Expat Life

jackbower, on 26 January 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:
what are you babbling about?

Presumably you are looking in the mirror when you say that.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 06 December 2013 - 10:13 PM in Culture

internationalguy, on 06 December 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:
Maybe so, my point is that you should try pointing out the positive, like the things you think are better, You should try to say good things about the things you like instead of berating everything and everyone you don't agree with.

Perhaps you should look in the mirror when you say that.

Posted by ajoknoblauch on 17 September 2013 - 05:57 PM in Newcomers Forum

samiamm, on 17 September 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:
And I am sure that you treat your wife with the disdain you treat us all here in Argentina . Go back to the Shilenos and your beautiful Santiago .

Certain individuals invite disdain, but my wife and the great majority of Argentines are not among them. Perhaps you should look in the mirror more often.

I'd like to say it's flattering to have such a dedicated follower, but I'd prefer it to be somebody intelligent and coherent.

Note to Dada: Argentine migraciones won't give you a "work permit" (temporary residency based on employment) unless you are being hired by a company that already has (or is willing to ask for) permission to hire foreigners. If you go "job hunting" every potential employer will ask if you have a DNI and you only get the DNI after you are granted temporary residency based on the job.

Employers who already have permission to hire foreigners help them get the temporary residency and the DNI (usually) arrives in the mail "shortly" thereafter.

If you never heard of the DNI before your first visit to Argentina (or still don't know much about it) you are not alone. The first post I made in this forum in July of 2006 was a question about the DNI (national ID). There were fewer than 600 members at that time.

Other ways to get a DNI:

Become a full time student (Then you will get a DNI and can go job hunting).
Give birth in Argentina.
Marry an Argentine (you can get citizenship with this one).
Marry a permanent resident.

You could also marry a temporary resident but if their residency expires I believe that so would yours, but you'd still be married.
emo32.gif

Thank you. Ufff :huh:

Ok, cold sweat from my forehead wiped off, back to my brave self, ready to face the reality.

Working definitely sounds like the least scary option :rolleyes: As I said, work has an allocated place in my life, to pay the bills. I'm happy to work responsibly and to the best of my abilities, in change for a livelihood, for as long as necessary, finding my way to enjoy it. That said, I'm not pretending I will keep working once my artistic accomplishments enable me not to.

Given the short span of a human life, I find my time very precious. I have no intention to spend either time or money chasing careers, degrees, status quo and that kind of stuff. With all due respect to people who made other choices, I don't see much of a difference between a job that is rather basic but useful and one that pays much better because of higher requirements. Neither leaves me starving, neither satisfies the soul on itself. In other words, both are ok. The more fun, the better! B) And yes, one of the deciding factors might be if it can provide a DNI, definitely.

I just received a very thoughtful PM from another member who has gone through the citizenship process. It was in reply to this part of my post (#22) about the DNI:

"Other ways to get a DNI:
Marry an Argentine (you can get citizenship with this one)."

The message included:

"The way this is worded it sounds like citizenship is automatically awarded after marrying an Argentine OR marriage is a requirement for obtaining it.

Not so in either case. I took the oath of citizenship with a Chilean woman who had a baby with an Argentine. I don't remember if she said they were already married or not, however, it took her two years to do the citizenship process through the court on her own."

I was referring to other ways to get a DNI, but this point is well taken. Even if it takes two years to get citizenship, marrying an Argentine should enable a foreigner to obtain permanent residency fairly quickly and receive the DNI that comes with it. They don't ever have to apply for citizenship, but the option should be there as long as they stay married.

There is one member of the forum who (according to his posts) has been married to an Argentine woman for more than 30 years and I don't think he ever applied for residency or a DNI, but that's because they don't actually live in Argentina.

Anyway, Dada, I hope you didn't get married in the last 21 hours to get citizenship based on what I posted.

And I hope you didn't get married in the last 21 hours just to get a DNI, either.
emo32.gif

PS: If I understand correctly, the two year "residency" requirement for citizenship may begin (depending on the judge) the first day you ever set foot on Argentine soil (even if it was only a three week visit as a tourist).
emo32.gif

Ok, I hear you :)

I am very immune to any sort of marital activity at this point, partly because I'm still waiting for my decree absolute (and therefore still technically married) :rolleyes: Proud, loving godmother of my husband's 2 daughters, both conceived after our separation. Lucky as I have been so far, in terms of husbands, work feels a much lighter cross to carry than the holy institution of marriage.

I was referring to other ways to get a DNI, but this point is well taken. Even if it takes two years to get citizenship, marrying an Argentine should enable a foreigner to obtain permanent residency fairly quickly and receive the DNI that comes with it. They don't ever have to apply for citizenship, but the option should be there as long as they stay married.

I should add that even after a divorce citizenship would remain an option. Anyone who has lived in Argentine for two years, has an "honest" means of living, and a clean criminal record is likely to be granted citizenship if they apply for it, regardless of their marital status.
emo32.gif

NOW we are talking :D

Btw, my husband is not an Argentine, and I'm still in EU. 2 years of no crime only? What is that, an eldorado? Ok, I suspect there's lessons to be learned...

How about this plot... which might eventually appeal to all the fans of Fifty shades of Gray :wub:

The hero might be an Argentine millionaire, diguised as a descamisado. The heroine would be an expat, yet a clandestine doughter of a former dictator's younger brother, a fruit of his gap year trip to Europe, which would only be revealed towards the end. First relatively coy, later developing into a dominatrix, elegantly resolving the blue dollar crisis as we go?

I could write, make it an international bestseller, then Steve might write the screenplay... :)

Well, I like your idea a lot but, in order to avoid a future conflict, I must inform you that I am already writing a screenplay and it does not have a dominatrix in the story.

Actually, it has two.

And the antagonist of the story, a doctor of philosophy and professor of environmental studies at a major Left Coast University is the client of one of them.

And the father of the other.

And that's your "teaser" of the day.
emo32.gif

Back