Laptop That Doesn't Have Windows 8 Single Language

I think you're conflating support for reading/writing multiple languages - which indeed came with Windows XP, and which I suspect exists even in the "Single Language edition" - and changing the user interface to the language of your choice, which only came with Vista/7.

Love the obtain part though :)

I've helped lots of people here fix problems with their Windows XP systems. The entire user interface was always in Spanish. (And probably still is. I'm sure a large percentage of the population here is still using XP.)

Microsoft had what were called MUIs, or multilanguage user interface packs for many languages for XP. I still have the installation disks from my old MSDN subscription if you want to see them.

Here's an idea of what I mean (you'll see some English, but I can assure you from working with them a lot, more than 90% of the text is in Spanish).
1267985_229775017185109_1724565302_o.jpg

To the original poster:
  • You could just get used to seeing everything in Spanish, but unless you're fluent, I wouldn't recommend it.
  • You can buy an expensive new copy of Windows 8
  • You could do what I suggested above
  • You could install Linux, which is the worst idea by a factor of 10,000
  • You could do what Desde2008 suggested and buy software in Parque Rividavia, but I'd be worried about licensing issues (worried because one day a message could pop up saying you have an illegal copy of Windows and have 3 days to buy a legitimate copy -- this would also be a possibility in the future, though not for now, with my above solution for Windows 8 ), and the possibility of viruses (Windows XP install disks containing viruses were common when I arrived here in 2004).

Back