Latin Americas move to the left Good ? OR Bad

AlexfromLA said:
Most of the people posting in these threads are tools. They really don't know anything about the subject AT ALL, NOTHING. So what to we hear from them ? Sound bites from Fox News. It is verbatim the same weak simplistic talking points that you hear on hannity et al. It's so half assed and mindless that it hardly makes any sense and you kinda end up feeling sorry for the person who is mindlessly repeating it like a sock puppet.

It's really laughable that people would repeat the drivel that comes from the mass market media in public, as if it was somehow intelligent cogent lucid analysis and didn't make them sounds like idiots.

I'm just glad the majority of Latin Americans see things the right way and vote accordingly. Who cares what illegal immigrants think.
well well well."Most of the people posting on these threads are tools"eh Alex?how about we all meet up and see who the "tools" are?...you can say it face to face then.......

Thanks for proving my point.

And if you are serious , just send me a PM.

BHNCA said:
well well well."Most of the people posting on these threads are tools"eh Alex?how about we all meet up and see who the "tools" are?...you can say it face to face then.......

May I suggest a good pair of...

ref21102.jpg

I could do role of godfather for any of you free of charge if you wish :D

AlexfromLA said:
Thanks Orwelian.

I personally think honest cogent thoughtful insights and opinions are mostly lost with the level of intellect you are dealing with here. But still, it's nice to read some from time to time.

Most people would rather repeat what they hear in the media than take the time to really study the facts.

Despite being hacked off with the level of personal insults thrown by people here, and truly believing that my own personal level of intellect is quite able to judge the situation, I do understand the point you are making regarding studying the facts before engaging in a more in-depth discussion.

Unfortunately, despite nearly a year here, my level of Spanish is inadeqaute to read scholarly thesis on the history of Latin America written in the local language, and I was wondering if you, or anyone else, has access to english language material here in Argentina that can allow such study to take place.

"Despite being hacked off with the level of personal insults thrown by people here, and truly believing that my own personal level of intellect is quite able to judge the situation ... "

Double ditto.

Glad someone understood.

Liam3494 said:
I do understand the point you are making regarding studying the facts before engaging in a more in-depth discussion.

wait wha ? You mean all this information wasn't automatically downloaded onto your brain the minute you turned 50 ? You should talk to eternalnewb. According to him, you should automatically know all this by the time you turn 65.

Liam3494 said:
Unfortunately, despite nearly a year here, my level of Spanish is inadeqaute to read scholarly thesis on the history of Latin America

But seriously. I purchase all my books online and read them on either a tablet or a smartphone.

You should look into getting a smart phone or a tablet, an Amazon Kindle account and download all the English language books you can read.

There are plenty of English speaking scholars and historians that have written extensively about Latin Americas political and social and economic history.

It really shouldn't be that hard to get the material.

Let me know if you ever take the time to do it, wouldn't mind having a factual substantive debate then.

Appreciate the thoughts, if not the condescending tone, but being an old fart, naturally I havent assimilated the capability of using technology to read, I still prefer the paper versions, but I will seek out what I can.

If anyone can advise as to places in BsAs that may have this type of material I would be grateful, as I have tried those that I am familiar with. Thanks in advance.

Alex, mainly you are just a punk prick, and I doubt if that fact has escaped a single reader of this board. You are too young, evidently, and too inexperienced, to understand this, but if you're lucky, you'll grew up and figure it out. And thanks to the vagaries of memory, you probably won't even remember what a bloody immature prick you are at this stage of your life.

I feel like I'm exchanging views with a 9 -year - old.

windy said:
I have mixed feelings towards mr Chavez, If i were Black or Indian i would vote for him in a heartbeat, and if i were white Hispanic i would probably hate him.
And there in a nut shell is the problem.
The white Hispanics left the blacks and Indians living in Hillside shanty towns and did not give a fxxk what became of them or what they could aspire to.
And Chavez changed that for them (the BL & IN), and for that they vote for religiously and will continue to do so. At least until the White Hispanics get a candidate that promises an all inclusive future for all the people of Venezuela.
Until then the White Hispanics have made a large rod for their own backs.
I have yet to hear one person explain truthfully why and how Hugo Chavez came to power in the first place????. And why does he win time after time after time.
And yes he invites in Election monitors from all over the world.

Two Things:

1) I met a guy, probably early 30s while we were waiting for the subway. He "De donde eras?" 'd me because I wasn't exactly throwing off a porteño vibe. But his use of "eras" let me know that he wasn't exactly a local either.

We talked the rest of the time in English. He's Venezuelan and married to a porteña. They used to live in Venezuela, but had to leave because the country is going into the shitter. And not just Caracas, although that is reaching "Escape From New York" levels.

2) Speaking of NYC, the New York Times has a story in today's paper about what a shit hole Caracas is. They average over 200+ murders /100,000 people annually. That blows away Bogota which is 22.7 murders/100K.

The story talks about how Iraq is safer than Venezuela.

Headline: More Killings In Venezuela Than in Iraq by SIMON ROMERO

Chavez has let that country sink into a cesspool in part by weakening his critics, which can sometimes mean weakening police. He should have been taken out 10 years ago. It's a shame that a president can be allowed to just destroy a country.

You havent outgrown shit, you're just older, more pissy and bitter.

Eternalnewbie said:
I haven't been around here long at all, but long enough to wonder why informative, interesting, and useful threads tend to degenerate into silliness and "pissing contests."

I already regret having participated in the one that degenerated here.

Count me out. I have long ago outgrown this kind of thing.

There are all types of old people and young people there are educated and uneducated, wise and unwise etc.

You sir are of the "old " punk prick variety. Welcome to the club. Congrats and double thumbs up.

Eternalnewbie said:
Alex, mainly you are just a punk prick, and I doubt if that fact has escaped a single reader of this board. You are too young, evidently, and too inexperienced, to understand this, but if you're lucky, you'll grew up and figure it out. And thanks to the vagaries of memory, you probably won't even remember what a bloody immature prick you are at this stage of your life.

I feel like I'm exchanging views with a 9 -year - old.

Back