Law on wearing masks outside?

MorganF

Registered
Hey all,

I haven't posted in a while and I know y'all have missed my literary ramblings :) I haven't posted "Because Life" to use a 2020 grammatical construction. I have a quick question for y'all, and my apologies if the answer is in a thread somewhere that I've missed (feel free to point me to it!): what's the current law on wearing a mask when you're walking down the street? I know you have to wear when when you're inside a store or public transit, for example. But just walking down the street, is it optional or mandatory, or...?

Thank you, everyone :)
morgan

Does it matter? I don't know the answer to the question, but unless we have a health condition that makes it difficult, wouldn't we just keep the thing on?

Last edited:
Ask your nearest police officer. If you get fined or arrested, you'll have your answer.

Alby: I'd rather not discuss personal medical conditions publicly.

If anyone else knows the Barbijo law for being outside on the sidewalk, please let me know.

Thank you :)

Renzi: my experience with the police in Arg is that no two will give you the same answer haha :(

Does it matter? I don't know the answer to the question, but unless we have a health condition that makes it difficult, wouldn't we just keep the thing on?
NOPE! I will only wear a mask to enter a store or medical facility, because I need what they have in terms of product or service and it is the only way they will let you inside >>> SUBMIT! Other than that, no masks. I simply don't care and I will not do it.

I can't tell you how many idiotic situations (From my perspective / point of view / or what I think is right or wrong.) I have observed, but here are some:

A person in an automobile, driving alone, windows up and their mask on.

A person outside exercising, early in the morning, not another soul in sight (I was driving by.) wearing their mask.

Here are two favorites:

A man in a store with two children about 5 or 6 years old, all three of them completely alone in an aisle, all masked up, all gloved up, all face shielded. One of the children did what a child does, went into the lower rack area of a product display to explore. The man went ballistic ranting and raving "You are going to expose yourself, you are going to get the virus." That ought to psychologically shape a young person during their formative years.

Two grown men (40's to 60's more or less.) shopping in another store, both in their Corona Virus 19 gear from head to toe. One steps in from of the other to select a product off the shelf and the other threatens to beat him up if he does that to him again. Now this one makes no sense to me??? The angered person is threatening to get up close and personal to the other person for getting too close to him? What the heck???

I find this to be foolishness.

Now don't mis understand me, I am not breathing in people's faces or trying to get up close and personal. Far from it actually. But it seems to me this has gotten to the point of silliness. There is only so far I am prepared to go. I'd rather die than live in absolute fear.

It's the darn flu by another name. People die from the flu every year. And it doesn't seem like it is ever going out of style.

Most people would have a great chance of living healthy lives if they simply took care of themselves and didn't abuse their bodies. But in lieu of it all, they are making themselves more susceptible to dying from this plague. (I say that in jest as it is simply the flu.)

I invite Pensador and his legion to attack me. (That guy was so silly and fearful he lost his wife over it!)

in CABA the mask is mandatory.

Where I live you could be fined if you don't wear one....not sure what the fine is but it's quite high. However I very much doubt they bother.
To be fair 99% of adult people, including me and the missus wear one when out on the streets. Only a few selfish arrogant sods don't.

Where I live you could be fined if you don't wear one....not sure what the fine is but it's quite high. However I very much doubt they bother.
To be fair 99% of adult people, including me and the missus wear one when out on the streets. Only a few selfish arrogant sods don't.
The only people I see sans mask are the chronically mentally ill and those with a sizable chip on their shoulder. Not very many of either.

in CABA the mask is mandatory.

Thank you, STS!!!! This is what I was looking for ❤️

Back