Leather jacket help please

PhilipDT

Registered
So I was walking down Florida today and I got the urge to buy a leather jacket, I mean I'm in Argentina after all, I probably should one day. I went into several shops all with excellent quality and nice styles but having never purchased a leather jacket and being on Florida with a foreign accent I wanted to check if the prices were good.

Best I got quoted after some negociation ( felt like buying a car) and promises to pay in cash and the like was 1500ARS for a bespoke sheep leather blazer. Is this good, reasonable, high?

The shop was Opera Leathers & Furs if anybody is familiar with them.

Thanks.

Murillo is the street to go if you waant to buy leather--there's the store, but there are a plethora of other stores to choose from as well. That's basically "Leather district". Florida has never been a good district for buying much of anything unless you're a tourist and not sure of how much things cost or where else to go!

I third Murillo. I didn't actually find anything I liked in Murillo 666 but over the years, I've made three purchases from a little leather shop right on the corner of Murillo and Scalabrini Ortiz (I think the owners have another shop on the same street). I purchased a biker-style jacket from them less than a month ago and was given a really competitive price for paying in cash and it was sent for modifications twice (at no extra charge) so that I was completely happy with the fit.

PhilipDT said:
bespoke sheep leather blazer.
How much should I expect to pay for something like this (of the highest quality) on murillo? Any other "leather districts" I should check out?

I think it's better if you go to our "Amazon": www.mercadolibre.com

There you can buy new or second hand at very good prices.

I also know a second hand shop on Pacheco de Melo and Billinghurst where these two old ladies have very good stuff for reasonable prices.

Good luck!

i went to murillo 666 and eventually chose another shop on the same street for something similar but 450 pesos cheaper.

the street has good quality leather though... it's worth your money rather than throwing to Alto or Paseo palermo for some artificial leather items for the same price

I bought a jacket at Murillo 666 a month or so ago for 800 pesos. Simple and classic, only worn it a few times but I'm happy with my purchase. If that gives you any idea of price. 1500 pesos sounds really high. You can get a leather jacket in New York for $400.

Back