Leaving Argentina: The Great Escape

ARbound

Registered
sound-of-music-gif.gif

Humbled by the experience of living in Buenos Aires for over year, I, ARbound, am now Torontobound.

Part of saying goodbye is figuring out how to leave, and since you guys are the experts on anything Argentina
for expats, perhaps for the last time I have a question that needs answering.

I've found my flights, grand total of about $1,100.00 USD one way tax inc, but I need to buy the tickets soon
and I only have cash in dollars, not on my debit card.

I see that Emirates/Delta and Copa have ticket sales office in Microcenter. I was wondering if I go to the
airlines sales offices in person, with dollars, will I be able to pay the same rate I see on their site plus
and administrative fee?

I've only ever bought tickets with debit/credit card before, and I really don't want to risk trying to get my
paper dollars turned in to e-dollars via a cave or anything, too risky.

Any advice on how to do this is greatly appreciated!

I do this for a living. Feel free to PM me.

I'm happy for you. You're finally getting what you wanted. Best of luck wherever you're going,
Actually AR wanted to go to Europe - he didn't want to return to Canada. It seems he has given up his dream out of desperation. Congratulations are not in order - lamentations are.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Well Joe, thank you for your concern. I do want to leave but as I said, not to Canada.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]...[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]My prospects are none at the moment because I wouldn't go to the embassy for an emergency loan unless the country did default again and things went dangerous. I do not want to go back to Canada.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]...[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thanks Nikad, I got your message and will take a look at home after work. You're right, I do not want to return to Canada.[/background]

http://baexpats.org/...ge__hl__arbound

Can you really call it "an escape" when you trade a place where your hopes are frozen for a place where your toes are?

Back