Leaving Eze With $10,000 - Advice

esllou

Registered
I know 10k is the limit, but what do people do...just slip it in their wallets and be open about it?

If I had a money belt, I presume that would show up on the body scanner - what then? Would I get into a situation where I was having to count it. Let's just say I would feel vulnerable in the airport after that.

what do others do for this?

I know 10k is the limit, but what do people do...just slip it in their wallets and be open about it?

If I had a money belt, I presume that would show up on the body scanner - what then? Would I get into a situation where I was having to count it. Let's just say I would feel vulnerable in the airport after that.

Don't worry man just go with 9900 and stop stressing out for nothing, i have done it more than 1 time and 0 problem. And i know that many many do this as well all the time.

I left a month ago with 8 grand and was asked how much I was carrying while I was being patted down. They did not ask to see the money and I was on my way.

You don't need to declare anything if you are below 10,000. The most common question will be if you have more than that with you. That amount wont fit on your wallet though.. just put it on your jacket or carry-on bag.

If you are above 10 grands, you just need to fill out a special form. You can leave the country with 50,000 usd if you want, you just need to be sure you can show that those come from a legit source and you have the paperwork with you just in case.

If you are above 10 grands, you just need to fill out a special form. You can leave the country with 50,000 usd if you want, you just need to be sure you can show that those come from a legit source and you have the paperwork with you just in case.

Really? The posters i've seen at all the ports of entry say that if you're carrying over 10000USD you have to make a declaration and take it out in PESOS

Does EZE have body scanners now? It didn't last time I went through, 8 months ago. Anyway, I've worn a money belt under my jeans many times and have never been stopped, patted down, or questioned.

I have always worn a leg pouch, and have never had a problem. Usually, though, I'm carrying an amount into the country rather than out.

Really? The posters i've seen at all the ports of entry say that if you're carrying over 10000USD you have to make a declaration and take it out in PESOS

Well, everything I have read points out that you need to declare those in the form OM-2250-A. I don't know how they will react if you want to do it though because it don't think is something normal. I know that the usual procedure was to do it by with a wire transfer, but given everything that has happened with the dollar, I don't think anyone can be sure.

Just to be on the safe side, move below 10,000.. or change 50,000 in traveler checks and no one will ever notice :)

Well, everything I have read points out that you need to declare those in the form OM-2250-A. I don't know how they will react if you want to do it though because it don't think is something normal. I know that the usual procedure was to do it by with a wire transfer, but given everything that has happened with the dollar, I don't think anyone can be sure.

Just to be on the safe side, move below 10,000.. or change 50,000 in traveler checks and no one will ever notice :)

Don;t you get in Argentina traveler checks issued in pesos only?

Back