Leaving San Diego for BA in April!

gouchobob said:
What would you say? My guess is the standard answer would be I want to find out more about life. What can they find in B.A. they can't find by staying at home? The poster may well be truthful about his objectives, but I don't see how quitting your job and moving to B.A. would necessarily full-fill this objective. If somebody said I quitting my job to do something like joining the peace corps would sound more like somebody who is serious. My guess is that the nightlife and party scene in B.A. may have more to do with O.P. decision to move than is being admitted. I have no way of knowing this of course. Nothing wrong with coming to B.A. for purely hedonistic purposes either, just that a 24 year old with just a year working could probably put his time to better use.

I must admit you weren't making a statement but suggesting he should be sure about his real intentions. I have no answer either. I'll conclude by saying that if he's ready to undertake his journey as a self-sufficient, responsible individual, he's grown up enough to me. It'd be almost impossible for me to believe that no growing-up would be gained from the experience at all, anyway. Now I'll give the guy a break. :rolleyes:

Back