Leaving The Country With An Expired Argentine Passport?!

Farenheit

Registered
My guest came in on his Italian passport, and also has an Argentine passport which expired many years ago. Could he run into trouble when he leaves the country if the official sees that he was born in Argentina. I know that you are meant to enter and exit on the Argentine passport but they obviously didn't ask him for it when he entered....any advice? Thanks!

My guest came in on his Italian passport, and also has an Argentine passport which expired many years ago. Could he run into trouble when he leaves the country if the official sees that he was born in Argentina. I know that you are meant to enter and exit on the Argentine passport but they obviously didn't ask him for it when he entered....any advice? Thanks!

My wife let her Argentine passport expire decades ago - she always enters and leaves on her US passport.

My kids have multiple passports and once we handed the Brit ones to the official upon leaving and they queried it immediately because the place of birth is listed as here. So I guess it depends on the day and the person you get.

I see now that you get 180 days if you're Argentine non-resident and only need to apply for the passport after that time.

Back