Lebanese Woman Looking For Expat/locals To Enjoy Baires

I moved to BA in January back in the day and I loved it. The city was half empty as per usual for a January so it wasn't overwhelming, it was hot but I'm used to heat and humidity. Many may think the opposite, that BA is boring in January since it does empty out (which is what makes it my favorite month!) so it's up to you, I think you should just come on down!

Db887 thank you I'm flattered. I'm hoping you're a guy? Hahaha

Irina do you still live in buenos aires? I'm used to humidity too .. Ill be tangoing and mingling trying to improve my spanish , and looking for friends!

It would be real nice to enjoy some real sambousek in Buenos Aires and show them gauchos how to make a good empanada with spices. You can call the restaurant "El Cedro de la Esquina"

Mimyr, you should totally come ! It's fantastic here, I hear it's similar to Argentina. But much smaller! Do you know what part they came from?

I'm not sure, it was close to the turn of the 20th century and they apparently didn't want their children to grow up with any semblance of Lebanese culture due to racism in the US. It's a shame :/

Matt84 are u Lebanese
not by a long shot, but I love Lebanese cuisine (it has saved both my palate and my pockets while in France) and I greatly admire the most beautiful part of the Levant even though I haven't had the pleasure of visiting yet. Many Lebanese people in Argentina Uruguay and France have told me about how incredible it used to be before the 80s.

I had this pictured similar dish with my Palestinean friends last week, they ordered so don't know the dishe's name but it was a delight! Like a mixed parrillada...

lebanese_food_lahm_mashwi_154654.jpg

if you don't know the name of the dish how did you pick the photo from habeeb dot com?

It's a terrible tragedy what's been happening to the immensely diverse, rich peoples and cultures of the middle east for the last decades and is accelerating now to the point that Eastern Christians are facing expulsion or extinction.

Thankfully Argentina has been a sort of Ark for Armenians, Syrians and Lebanese in the past, I'm hoping it will continue being one - if only the proper spices were available.

if you don't know the name of the dish how did you pick the photo from habeeb dot com?

It's a terrible tragedy what's been happening to the immensely diverse, rich peoples and cultures of the middle east for the last decades and is accelerating now to the point that Eastern Christians are facing expulsion or extinction.

Thankfully Argentina has been a sort of Ark for Armenians, Syrians and Lebanese in the past, I'm hoping it will continue being one - if only the proper spices were available.

My mom is coming to visit next month and bringing me a large container of curry and baharat :) :) :) :)

But yeah, my family came from the Chrstian minority in northern Iraq (my mom was born in telkaif) and I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to identify now that that they've mostly fled the country.

Back