Legal Help Just Like Back Home/New Kid on the Block

Street_Lawyer said:
Yes, I (we) are aware of the Korruption that
takes place, and We have helped many analyse, scrutinise, their rental
Agreements. Gracias

Are you referring to Korruption that takes place on Krypton?

(Kute spelling isn't very professional.)

steveinbsas said:
Are you referring to Korruption that takes place on Krypton?

(Kute spelling isn't very professional.)

Unfortunately I have met many a legal professional with terrible spelling. My big concern would be the logistics of practicing legally in a foreign country as that's not very easy to do and is why most lawyers abroad seek out other avenues of work. Malpractice is taken very seriously in the US.

By the way, "legal help just like back home" means (in most cases) paying at least $500 USD per hour.

BaltRochGirl said:
Unfortunately I have met many a legal professional with terrible spelling. My big concern would be the logistics of practicing legally in a foreign country as that's not very easy to do and is why most lawyers abroad seek out other avenues of work. Malpractice is taken very seriously in the US.

Excellent point, BRG. Bad spelling aside, when someone calls himself a street lawyer I immediatedly think of street scammers. Would anyone here consider seeking the advice of a "street" doctor?

And who in their right mind would hire a "new kid on the block" to be their lawyer?

steveinbsas said:
Excellent point, BRG. Bad spelling aside, when someone calls himself a street lawyer I immediatedly think of street scammers. Would anyone here consider seeking the advice of a "street" doctor?

People make spelling mistakes. That happens. However, when an American uses "scrutinise" or "analyse" over "scrutinize" and "analyze," it just grabs my attention and sends off red flags.

Furthermore, how many expats or locals have promoted their services here without publishing their name or posting a website that has a short bio?

I hate being this paranoid. Nonetheless, this is the internet, and we're in Buenos Aires. If the OP has been in Buenos Aires for a year, she/he should know that transparency is paramount.

steveinbsas said:
Could it be that Street_Lawyer doesn't write or spell like an "eduacated" American who has graduated from an American law school..even if was in the South?

I don't know and I don't care if this guy is legit, but there is no need to insult educational institutions in the South! Emory is actually has a well-ranked law program and there are other universities in the South that provide an equally top-notch education. I know you mean well, Steve, and I think you always provide great perspective and information on this forum but it's also think it's possible to do so without adding an insult each time...

lejohnson said:
I don't know and I don't care if this guy is legit, but there is no need to insult educational institutions in the South! Emory is actually has a well-ranked law program and there are other universities in the South that provide an equally top-notch education. I know you mean well, Steve, and I think you always provide great perspective and information on this forum but it's also think it's possible to do so without adding an insult each time...

Is that really what you think I do?

The US Civil War ended almost 150 years ago.

Get over it.

I have cousins in North Carolina, a close friend in Kentucky, and a former girfriend in Georgia (all of whom speak and spell English correctly).

PS: My cousins in North Carolina are not married to each other.

Do you consider the last line of my post an (implied) insult?

If you don't you care if this guy is legit why would you care about anything...including what I think (or post) about it?

Do you really want to waste your time (or credibility) defending this poser by attacking me?

We might expect a little Southern drawl from an Emory grad, but I have to agree, my first impression was that this was not written by an American. And who goes to law school in a foreign country? Most US law grads cant find jobs there now. I spend some time on a higher education site where all the non Americans constantly seek "advise."

steveinbsas said:
Could it be that Street_Lawyer doesn't write or spell like an "eduacated" American who has graduated from an American law school..even if was in the South?

So what does it mean then, if it wasn't a dig at educational institutions in the south? Why the ellipses? Why the use of the word "even"? I can't think of another interpretation to be honest. Maybe because in the south we've all been exposed to so much border Spanish we can't be sure how to speak or write in English anymore? (Not really less offensive, that one.)

Also, hey Steve, remember that time you accused someone on the site named SpanishFlyingFox of being a date rapist or something just because of his user name? But we don't get to ask you to clarify something politely without you getting defensive? Okay.

Street_Lawyer said:
Yes, I (we) are aware of the Korruption that
takes place, and We have helped many analyse, scrutinise, their rental
Agreements. Gracias

I´m guessing your bar exam was multiple choice.

Back