Legal Help Just Like Back Home/New Kid on the Block

[quote name='lejohnson']I don't know and I don't care if this guy is legit, but there is no need to insult educational institutions in the South!
[/quote]

[quote name='Don'tMindMe']Maybe because in the south we've all been exposed to so much border Spanish we can't be sure how to speak or write in English anymore? [/quote]

Yeah. There's two things I can't stand. Prejudice and Southerners. The Northern states would have been far better off if the "South" had seceded from the Union.

Well, this is very simple. The bar association has a website that offer a simple service where you can double check if somebody is a lawyer or a swindler:

http://www.cpacf.org.ar/GuiaAbo2/GuiaAbo3.aspx

We have the duty to publish our name, address and bar id and they must be updated.

For example, if you type Tomo 97 folio 620 you are going to find me.

Tomo y Folio 97 - 620
Apellido y Nombre RUBILAR PANASIUK CHRISTIAN DEMIAN
Direccion VIAMONTE 1479 2 "A"
Cod Postal 1055
Telefonos 43713727
Estado Activo

If you don t have a bar ID here then you cannot advice and charge for that because that s a crime because you are cheating people. You are not a lawyer here. If you advertice yourself as a lawyer you are commiting a crime.In the best case you can translate the lawyers you mention that work with you BUT you have to publish theïr name, tomo, folio, etc.

ARTICULO 172. - Será reprimido con prisión de un mes a seis años, el que defraudare a otro con nombre supuesto, calidad simulada, falsos títulos, influencia mentida, abuso de confianza o aparentando bienes, crédito, comisión, empresa o negociación o valiéndose de cualquier otro ardid o engaño.

Regards

From the OP-i am sorry that people are so paranoid/apprehensive, however i do challlenge anyone to meet with me in person and see that, indeed, i am US-born, to international parents, studied at Emory and indeed I have, three, UK/USA as well as (que pasa? estas nervioso?) Argentine nationality (tres pasaportes... viste?) which is possible. Thanks.

You guys are being unwelcoming and cold to the OP... And Bajo Cero recomends suiing left and right on all post. Give some people a chance. I am sure they would not cordially introduce themselves in order to make friends or network if it were against the law. And you, are following every legal practice, bajo cero?

Street_Lawyer said:
From the OP-i am sorry that people are so paranoid/apprehensive, however i do challlenge anyone to meet with me in person and see that, indeed, i am US-born, to international parents, studied at Emory and indeed I have, three, UK/USA as well as (que pasa? estas nervioso?) Argentine nationality (tres pasaportes... viste?) which is possible. Thanks.

The point here is Tomo y Folio. Nobody need to meet you because the bar association has a website where they can double check you in a "modern" way.

There is are huge differencies between common law and continental law, you should know that. Regards

steveinbsas said:
Could it be that Street_Lawyer doesn't write or spell like an "eduacated" American who has graduated from an American law school..even if was in the South?
Ding ding ding

dani28 said:
You guys are being unwelcoming and cold to the OP... And Bajo Cero recomends suiing left and right on all post. Give some people a chance. I am sure they would not cordially introduce themselves in order to make friends or network if it were against the law. And you, are following every legal practice, bajo cero?

Dani, this country has some good things. One of them is that you can get an excellent legal representation without going to bankruptcy. We have only in Capital Federal 50.000 lawyers registered at the Bar Association. It means more or less the same than in the whole France but with 66 of the population and 15 percent of the wealth than France.

This means that legal services are unexpensive comparing to the US.

Here is unusual to pay fees by hour. In family cases, contracts, among other cases, the fees are paid by the one who loses and the judge establishes how much is it. The Fee act says that 20 percent is the maximum.

The legal education is also different because lawyers from UBA finish their studies after 6 years and they dedicate 4 year to study all the subjects of law, for example family law, real state, contracts, criminal law, constitutional law, labor law, etc.
In the last 2 years we choose for a specialization.
So, an standard lawyer from UBA finishes his studies with the LLM included.

However, even being a lawyer, we work for free for several years before we are ready for being litigants.

So, answering your question. In the thread where I was explaing how real state contracts works in this country, I also suggested some websites of other attorneys that are specialized about defending teenants because I do not litigate those cases.

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/18817-whats-deal-usd-argentina.html

Regards

So much negativity and coldness. No wonder we have posts on here like ¨deport me voluntarily ASAP¨

Look, with as many ¨legitamente¨ lawyers here in Argentina that probably are on this talo falo list , all that list does is say yes, this person is a lawyer, and??There sure seem to be a lot of crooks who LOVE to take foreigners money. You can be ranked and be on the best of lists, if you are someone who takes advantage, it does not matter what list you are on or where you studied.

As long as the prices are reasonable, I personally would have loved to have known a lawyer that speaks English and understands the rhythm of life outside of Argentina.

Back