Let's Make Some Money

RobeartoNYC

Registered
Hi Everyone,

I am moving to BA from New York in Jan. I currently own a small business here in New York that I will be running from BA. I have my infrastructure set up in New York, I have people here(NY) that can help me if I need them to, and I can do everything I do here while I am down in BA.

I am going to be looking for additional ways to make money while I live in BA. I have some ideas already, but would like to network with others who have the drive and desire to make some money while I am down there. I was not able to build my current company on my own in New York, so I know that I won't be able to do it in BA without any help. I will be looking for a few people who want to build something with me.

As of right now, I already know that I am going to need at least one outstanding systems developer/architect. I am also going to be looking for a CAD designer, and at least one, but perhaps a few seamstresses.

Anyway.... Who wants to make some money??

RobeartoNYC said:
As of right now, I already know that I am going to need at least one outstanding systems developer/architect. I am also going to be looking for a CAD designer, and at least one, but perhaps a few seamstresses.

Anyway.... Who wants to make some money??

What precisely does "outstanding" mean here? Your post is so lacking in specifics as to resemble the tripe put out by the multi-level marketing scams. Many people become expats to be free from this kind of hogwash.

bigbadwolf said:
What precisely does "outstanding" mean here? Your post is so lacking in specifics as to resemble the tripe put out by the multi-level marketing scams. Many people become expats to be free from this kind of hogwash.

Hogwash? Slow your roll big bad wolf, or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll shred you to pieces.

What kind of specifics can I offer you sir? I clearly said that I was looking for ideas, as well as had some of my own.

I am looking for an outstanding developer for a project that I am already working on. If you have to ask what outstanding means, then you are probably not outstanding.

I am looking for seamstresses because i also happen to have my own men's line that I would like to keep working on while I am there. Is that OK with you?

I hate to muddy up your expat forum with my New York hogwash. The fact is that I am a Successful and legitimate business owner who likes to collaborate, and who is a damn good person to collaborate with. This was an offer, not a request. If you don't want to accept my offer, then move on...

However, don't introduce yourself to me with words like Hog Wash & Tripe.
You have no idea who is on the other end of this post, and you are clearly not tactful enough to work with me anyway... let alone outstanding enough.

I talked with a young belgian architect (30 yo) at last expat party in Vicente Lopez. She s been living in Buenos for one year and if i understood well is looking for job oportunities. Since she s been studying architecture here, she might know a large network of architects possibly capable to help you...If you are interested, send me details, i ll pass them to her.

I assume you are aware that if you are planning on doing these projects "en blanco", you need to have to appropriate visa and someone in the company needs to be a resident of Argentina.

Best of luck with the businesses but fair warning - hiring workers here is a time-consuming, paper-intensive process and not for the faint of heart. And the taxes are well, onerous!

citygirl said:
I assume you are aware that if you are planning on doing these projects "en blanco", you need to have to appropriate visa and someone in the company needs to be a resident of Argentina.

Best of luck with the businesses but fair warning - hiring workers here is a time-consuming, paper-intensive process and not for the faint of heart. And the taxes are well, onerous!

My business is and will be located in New York. I'm paying cash on a project basis. Just as if I was going to hire a tour guide or a maid service. I'm looking for creative help, and I am willing to pay in US dollars on a project by project basis. I am not really looking to incorporate in BA and earn in Pesos.

I am going to make some prototype Blue Jeans, Belts, Cuff Links, and a special money clip that I have invented. I will be working out of my apartment over drinks and food.

The website that I a working on is related to my US business which is a service to Wall Street firms... Capital Markets, Hedge Funds, etc... So, I don't think I will have any issues with hiring. I am looking for some good people who want to be involved with a fun project, and I will pay them for their help and time... That's all.

Thank you very much for the advice however... every comment helps.

Best Regards!

Maybe we ought to get together sometime and talk about some things related to development. I have a business in the States and we do some outsourcing here (I do design/architecture and development myself, as well as manage the developers). We took a pretty big hit this year with the financial crap, but I still have one programmer working for me here and some contacts that might be able to help you find someone to help you out.

hello!
no business is small if it gives you money, i will put you in touch with an USA architec who is a good designer and he wants to stay here for good
as i was born here i understand argentine ways of thinking. in case you need anything before you are here i will try to help you

Back