Let's Make Some Money

I think there may be some confusion here over the word architect. Though the OP may be seeking a "systems developer/architect" that doesn't mean he is looking for the kind of architect who designs buildings. I can't imagine how that kind of architect would be required in the production of Blue Jeans, Belts, Cuff Links, and a special money clip.

I think you're the one that is confused. The OP said he was looking for a CAD designer, which is, I'm sure, a skill that most architects have under their belt.

I know a pattern maker who works with a few clothing manufacturers. I could maybe hook you up. But he only speaks Spanish. I also know a silver smith and maybe get your money clip made.
Get in touch when you are here. It'd be fun to hear you ideas.

2beinba said:
I think you're the one that is confused. The OP said he was looking for a CAD designer, which is, I'm sure, a skill that most architects have under their belt.

What kind of architect would work "over drinks and food" designing jeans, belts, cuff links, and a money clip (no matter how special)?

I know, I know: a hungry one (perhaps without a license, just like the business) .

I think we are all confused because there are so many ideas in there! I also though he wanted an IT type architect and then a CAD designer for a separate project. CAD is used to other things not just buildings. Maybe he wants to do a rendering of the money clip.

steveinbsas said:
I think there may be some confusion here over the word architect. Though the OP may be seeking a "systems developer/architect" that doesn't mean he is looking for the kind of architect who designs buildings. I can't imagine how that kind of architect would be required in the production of Blue Jeans, Belts, Cuff Links, and a special money clip.

Correct! However, the "architect" is also not needed for Blue Jeans, etc... The architect is needed for for a web development project.

I really need an architect that is familiar with Visio and flow charting etc...
An engineer from almost any discipline should have these skills also, and they will understand what I am talking about.

My apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

2beinba said:

You are also correct! Thank You.

The Cad Designer is needed for the "Blue Jeans" project.

mini said:
I know a pattern maker who works with a few clothing manufacturers. I could maybe hook you up. But he only speaks Spanish. I also know a silver smith and maybe get your money clip made.
Get in touch when you are here. It'd be fun to hear you ideas.

Mini??? THANK YOU!!!!

This is what I was hoping to see here.
I will find a way to communicate with the silversmith and the pattern maker.

I have some technical drawings etc.. This is great.
I will contact you.

Best Regards

steveinbsas said:
What kind of architect would work "over drinks and food" designing jeans, belts, cuff links, and a money clip (no matter how special)?

I know, I know: a hungry one (perhaps without a license, just like the business) .

Tough crowd down in BA huh? Ask me if I care.

No license needed for the business or the architect.

No more than a painter needs a license to paint, or an author needs a license to write.

But thanks Steve

RobeartoNYC said:
Tough crowd down in BA huh? Ask me if I care.

No license needed for the business or the architect.

No more than a painter needs a license to paint, or an author needs a license to write.

But thanks Steve

If you are hiring/paying people to work for you in BA and they are not issuing facturas for their services, licensed (registered with AFIP) or not, both parties will be in violation of the law. If all goes "well" you won't get caught, but if anyone you are paying (in dollars off the books) isn't happy or sees you as a financial target, you may suddenly find yourself mired in a lawsuit, typically with the lowest paid (the seamstress).

You probably don't need to care about that, either. You can just get on a plane and leave. Hopefully, for your sake, you won't have any Argentine property; and hopefully, for her sake, you won't have an Argentine girlfriend (I read your post in the Dating Argentines... thread.).

What you don't know about Argentina can really hurt you. It's true that anyone can come to Argentina to write or paint without a license , but, ironically, a license is required for artists to take their own paintings out of the country. You didn't decide to "move" to BA without ever having visited in the first place, did you?

Perhaps it would be more precise to ask, "You're not really moving here, are you?"

Back