Let's Start An Argentine (And Latam And Spanish) Movie Club

I'm interested in participating in a movie club?

• Yes, I'll join a movie club.

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No, I'm not interested

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
I watched the Argentinean movie titled the "Nueve Reinas" or " Nine Queens" Am sure all your members remember the comical con-men doin' their acts ! I enjoyed this movie for the entirety ....

Synopsis:

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]The film opens at a convenience store early in the morning. Juan, a con artist, successfully [/background]scams[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] the cashier, but later messes up by attempting the same scam again on the next shift. Marcos, who has been observing the whole time, steps in pretending to be a police officer and takes Juan away. As soon as they are far enough from the shop, Marcos tells Juan he is not actually a cop but a fellow con man. Juan asks Marcos to show him the ropes, because his father, also a con man, is in jail and he needs to raise money quickly to bribe a judge to reduce his father's sentence from 10 years to 6 months.[/background]

Reactions: Joe
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235841/
This a nice rom com without the suckiness and it's easy to relate to if you've been here for a bit.

I dont live there anymore, but id love to join, especially to be able to keep up with what movies come out. So if youre doing this, great, count me in :)

id vote for the new upcoming film MUERTE EN BUENOS AIRES if it will be a one of the chosen films i wont go to see it at the cine
9 reinas is good
PIZZA BIRRA FASO is another one
there are so many
when might this happen?and where?
thanks
esteban

id vote for the new upcoming film MUERTE EN BUENOS AIRES if it will be a one of the chosen films i wont go to see it at the cine
9 reinas is good
PIZZA BIRRA FASO is another one
there are so many
when might this happen?and where?
thanks
esteban
Soon I hope I will make a poll to choose the first movie and then a new movie every 2 weeks.
  1. Primarily online so we have a wider audience - occasionally in person if there is interest. But a week after the film is picked we can start an online discussion here.
  2. Primarily Argentine films
  3. Spanish language (with subtitles) again since many of us are not fluent yet (unfortunately this will probably mean new releases won't be included because of lack of subtitles). Many of us want to enhance our Spanish abilities and also our Argentina Spanish comprehension.
  4. If possible PM me with the torrent and subtitles location if it is a torrent. Posting links to torrents might go against the rules of the forum management.
  5. Some films may be available on Youtube.
  6. Someone posted about a business that delivers videos. This is certainly to be encouraged - assuming these are not bootleg copies - encouraged because the artists may see some of the revenues.

Back