Libraries and Wi-Fi in BA

sinagua980

Registered
Soon I'll be returning to BA, this time with a different job that requires constant internet access. I'll be in a studio apt, so I'm hoping to get out and work instead of being cooped up all day.

As I never paid much attention to where there is access other than at cafes, I'm wondering if there are places like libraries or office shares, etc. that you'd suggest to be able to sit for 6-8 hours all day without needing to purchase un cafe or be run out during lunch.

Am I dreaming or is it possible?

Lee said:
There are many coffee shops which have rather speedy wifi connections who do not run you out anytime. Why not give them the price of a coffee if you are going to use their internet connection for hours?

My wife told me the same thing! I have no intention of using wifi for free at a cafe. I'd always pay. But, the cost adds up. I'm trying to save money, so finding wifi at a library where I can put earphones on and be left alone is actually pleasant unless kids are running around. :)

Where are the libraries? Not many that I know of in BA and I can't imagine that they have wifi.

hmmm there's about 26 parks with free wifi. i wouldnt use it with my computer, but they have it.

It's pretty easy, you just log in and you're in the wire.

Here's the parks:

Houssay (Córdoba y Uriburu);
Dorrego (Humberto 1° y Defensa);
Cortázar (Honduras y Serrano) con posibilidad de que alcance a la plaza de Costa Rica y Armenia;
Angel Gris (Avellaneda y Donato Alvarez);
plaza Arenales (Chivilcoy y Pareja);
plaza Libertad (Paraguay y Libertad) con posibilidad de que alcance a la plaza Vicente López;
parque Santojanni (Patrón y Martiniano Leguizamón);
plaza Constitución;
plaza Mariano Moreno (Rivadavia y Montevideo)
plaza Rodríguez Peña (Callao y Paraguay)
De la Democracia (De la Torre y Berón de Astrada);
parque Avellaneda (Directorio y Lacarra);
parque Chacabuco (Eva Perón y Curapaligüe);
parque Lezama (Paseo Colón y Martín García);
parque Lavalle (Libertad y Lavalle);
plaza Belgrano (Juramento y Cuba);
parque Saavedra (García del Río y Melián);
Paseo de la Infanta (Libertador y Freyre);
el Rosedal (Iraola e Infanta Isabel);
parque Rivadavia (Rivadavia y Doblas);
parque Centenario (Díaz Vélez y Marechal);
plaza Martín Fierro (Urquiza y Barcala);
el Jardín Botánico (Santa Fe y República Arabe Siria);
la Plaza de la República (9 de Julio y Corrientes);
la Plaza de Mayo (Balcarce y Rivadavia),
el parque Las Heras (Las Heras y Coronel Díaz).

Back