Line A: Renovation!

During January and February the line may be used as a bike path!
When Macri becomes president, he will solve all national problems with bike paths along of Argentina!
He is a poor useless. ,he only know summering in Punta del Este.
He is the right and his idol was Menem. What to expect ...

How do you describe a reactionary to a reactionary?

In English two negatives make a positive but in Spanish two negatives make a negative. :rolleyes:

Oh I love this country!!! :p What good did rationality ever do?

Looks like Macri has been taking a peek at BA expats. Says they are going to preserve 15 of the old cars from Linea A, after all. Plan is to hold on to at least 15, get them up to decent quality level and perhaps use them on the weekends. Sounds like a good idea to me...

http://www.infobae.c...8-de-marzo.html

Looks like Macri has been taking a peek at BA expats. Says they are going to preserve 15 of the old cars from Linea A, after all. Plan is to hold on to at least 15, get them up to decent quality level and perhaps use them on the weekends. Sounds like a good idea to me...

http://www.infobae.c...8-de-marzo.html

weekend only, great idea if they've been done up.

I hope they don't just put them on on the weekends looking tatty and dirty like this.

600x0_619370.jpg

I Miss those old trains too. but meseum is not a too bad place for them either.
I always favor Linea A, not just because of the wooden trains but also because it's cooler down there and the platforms are wider than BCD Lines.
It reminds me just how great Argentina once was. I wish i went back to that glorious era.

But hey progress needs to be made. I am sure a lot of people would be glad riding on a airconditioned train when temp is 34 degrees.

How do you describe a reactionary to a reactionary?

In English two negatives make a positive but in Spanish two negatives make a negative. :rolleyes:

Oh I love this country!!! :p What good did rationality ever do?

hmm not all locals are brainless zombies following K commands ! unfortunately, we are not the mayority, but we are millions out there who believe this kind of thinking and reasoning is that of an ape (at best....apes are actually quite smart and quick lerners)

I see the "patrimony" of Linea A is now becoming a political issue as well as the time to be taken in the upgrading of the line.

"Appeal to be filed against Subte Line A ‘repair work’ closure"

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/121136/appeal-to-be-filed-against-subte-line-a-%E2%80%98repair-work%E2%80%99-closure

The FpV Buenos Aires City legislature representative also draws attention to what will occur with the removed carriages, calling for a statement for their protection as part of the national heritage.

p.s I dont think and have never expresed any opinion that the Argentines are brainless zombies or apes or any other type of creature real or imaginary.

I see the "patrimony" of Linea A is now becoming a political issue as well as the time to be taken in the upgrading of the line.

"Appeal to be filed against Subte Line A ‘repair work’ closure"

http://www.buenosair...r-work’-closure

The FpV Buenos Aires City legislature representative also draws attention to what will occur with the removed carriages, calling for a statement for their protection as part of the national heritage.

p.s I dont think and have never expresed any opinion that the Argentines are brainless zombies or apes or any other type of creature real or imaginary.

What a joke! I have a cpl of mates that take Line A and doesnt worry them 1 bit that it will be close for a cpl of months if they are going to end up with a new trains and a more comfy ride.

Typical of Argentina though, no one can agree on anything, only looking after their own interests etc etc and then who loses - the Argentine people.

What a joke! I have a cpl of mates that take Line A and doesnt worry them 1 bit that it will be close for a cpl of months if they are going to end up with a new trains and a more comfy ride.

Typical of Argentina though, no one can agree on anything, only looking after their own interests etc etc and then who loses - the Argentine people.

From my experience it is typical of many places = local politics.

Seems to me that the media advisors for Macri need to up their game considerably. Renovation of Linea A (at last) is a good news story but badly handled.

Not enough public information was provided beforehand and what did come out lacked proper presentation anticipating the obvious issues which include:

1. disruption is to achieve a better system and has been introduced when the city is on holiday to minimise impact
2. length of time to do the work is minimum necessary in engineering terms to introduce a higher voltage traction, new signalling, proper testing
3. reassurances about the Polvorin workshop and other jobs
4.unroll a positive plan for the heritage and tourist concerns

This is all basic 'back of an envelope' stuff but Macri has been outflanked so far

A 2 month closure is almost nothing compared to Glasgow...

The Glasgow system , the 3rd oldest in the world after London and Budapest , was closed for ALMOST years , for a complete renovation.

The old wooden cars , very similar to those of Line A were replaced by modern orange vehicles.

Back