Link for live webcast of CFK Georgetown talk

Her response to the inflation was ridiculous. Whether or not the inflation rate is justified (economically or provoked by the media), anyone who goes to the grocery store would know that prices have been increasing some 20-25 percent annually for a while now.

Then after saying that the inflation of 25 percent is work of fiction, she said that she really doesn't care about inflation anyway. Growth is more important than inflation.

And then she went on to talk about inflation in the U.S. I think all of us from the U.S. can report that prices in grocery stores stay pretty much the same. I go back once a year, and sometimes the prices (of some items) are exactly the same as they were the year before. It is no where near the inflation rate here.

Lastly, her comment about the monetary expansion being greater in the U.S. than Argentina is manipulative. Percentage wise, the U.S. monetary base has only grown some 7 percent since last year, while Argentina's has grown nearly 30 percent. In numbers, yes, there are more dollars than pesos, but there is also more demand worldwide for the dollar than the peso.

I agree with CFK on some things, but her response to the inflation issue was just embarrassing.

bradlyhale said:
I agree with CFK on some things, but her response to the inflation issue was just embarrassing.

When she said " we don't have targets for inflation only growth" I started screaming at the screen..." How about a target for managing inflation below 5%"...multi tasking doesnt seem to be her thing...it's growth growth or growth...no more tha 1 target at a time.

fifs2 said:
When she said " we don't have targets for inflation only growth" I started screaming at the screen..." How about a target for managing inflation below 5%"...multi tasking doesnt seem to be her thing...it's growth growth or growth...no more tha 1 target at a time.

Although even INDEC are saying there has been no growth, so she doesn't seem to even be able to manage that! :rolleyes:

bradlyhale said:
Her response to the inflation was ridiculous. Whether or not the inflation rate is justified (economically or provoked by the media), anyone who goes to the grocery store would know that prices have been increasing some 20-25 percent annually for a while now.

Then after saying that the inflation of 25 percent is work of fiction, she said that she really doesn't care about inflation anyway. Growth is more important than inflation.

And then she went on to talk about inflation in the U.S. I think all of us from the U.S. can report that prices in grocery stores stay pretty much the same. I go back once a year, and sometimes the prices (of some items) are exactly the same as they were the year before. It is no where near the inflation rate here.

I think the worst part of her inflation response was the fact that she tried to manipuate US citizens into thinking that their inflation is not actually 2% (or 1.7%). I could not believe she actually stood there and said, "Come on guys...do you really think inflation in the U.S. is only 2%? Really?" That was just unbelievable in my opinion. And she used college tuition as an example of all things! Nada que ver! Ugh.

Back