Link for live webcast of CFK Georgetown talk

You notice how she dodged the question on inflation :( very typical politician, deflect and deny!!!

Actually my favourite takeaway from the talk was that it's the fault of the journalists that there are no question and answer periods. If they would just behave themselves and agree with everything then she'd go ahead and have them!

Sorry link was for livefeed only, but you'll be able to catch bits on the news

As an argentinian, it was afwul to see how our president avoided to answer those questions. The way she speaks, moves his hands, the expressions she uses, it is shameful. First, why is she trying to act like a teenager? Who is going to fall for that? We are clearly dealing at an important level (head of the country) and she has to have a certain presence. I truly hope we are not now being seeing as a country full of dumb people.

Second, one girl asked her an interesting question regarding the real inflation, which she ignored and started to speak about how a newspaper lied with the new bill not being able to fit into the ATMs, about Macri's budget and so on. She can't really defend INDEC's numbers, come on! But this only shows how she is trying to treat everyone as an ignorant fool who likes to be lied to.

Oh, and third.. I really enjoyed seeing how the students really tried to push her to give a clear answer. I think she didn't thought many people there actually care about argentina's situation, so it must have been a shock to have to face this. I was laughing at the time of the questions.

Nice forum btw :)

Can the speech be downloaded? Coukd someone give a summary of highlights?

This narrative was fantastic. Thank you all for your contributions. I was sorry I missed the notice of the speech--therefore missed the speech---but I have laughted all the way through all ten pages of this thread. I still don't know what in the world the president said, but it's been fun reading just the same.

Here is the link.... this one will either go one of two ways -- hilariously beaten down by students again, or there will be NO time for questions... or I guess third option is that they've somehow in 24 hrs managed to cancel a bunch of people's tickets and put Campora plants in the audience to both applaud everything she says and ask the "appropriate questions".

In retrospect I think she was a little uncomfortable with the LACK of applauses during her speech. She's so used to having to make dramatic pauses for them....

http://forum.iop.harvard.edu/conten...ina-fernández-de-kirchner-president-argentina

A browse of the comments on the above page is interesting, there definitely seem to be some Campora plants on there....

syngirl said:
Here is the link.... this one will either go one of two ways -- hilariously beaten down by students again, or there will be NO time for questions... or I guess third option is that they've somehow in 24 hrs managed to cancel a bunch of people's tickets and put Campora plants in the audience to both applaud everything she says and ask the "appropriate questions".

In retrospect I think she was a little uncomfortable with the LACK of applauses during her speech. She's so used to having to make dramatic pauses for them....

http://forum.iop.harvard.edu/conten...ina-fernández-de-kirchner-president-argentina

A browse of the comments on the above page is interesting, there definitely seem to be some Campora plants on there....

Should we start a new thread for this?

syngirl said:
Yes I was thinking the same... liveblogging as of 9pm tonight ;)

I will probably not be around but I'd love to read the commentary tomorrow.

My claim to fame: I saw her up close and personal yesterday! She was getting into a building in downtown DC (I assume she went there after the speech was over) and I was real close.

Back