Living In Ba

The taxi boys I know actually make their money traveling outside of Argentina and bring back euros or dollars. Before they used to make good money here, but times are tough now. They also have to provide for their families.

Not sure if this is the place to ask but is the attitude in Argentina the same as in Brazil and other parts of Latin America ("it's not gay if you're on top" (and especially if you take money for it)).

Disclaimer: I'm just asking out of curiosity, mean nothing by it. Haven't been able to get a reading on things here yet.

im not sure if this has been addressed in the forum, but but there is a way to transfer your dollars from the USA to ARG and receive your money in dollars in ba. the cost is 6-7% of the transaction, goes to the middleman.

Yeah, we've talked about cuevas before. You have to know someone who knows someone, usually. Not that easy for most people and I don't think the cueva is going to be very happy if someone is throwing their information around to everyone, which precludes a lot of people from using them, at least when they first come here (and could take some time).

And it used to be 1-3%! I figured out better ways to get money down here that doesn't cost so much. But yuh gotta know someone...

Hey Guys!

No, I'm not a troll, sorry if I gave out that impression. I think I come off as stupid and abrasive on forum posts and I apologize if I sounded like a troll.

A couple updates, outside the Taxiboy topic.

1) it was 500 USD, not 5000, and I've already spent it. I did not know Argentina was so expensive. Soooo, yeah, gotta think quick!
2) I've spoken around, and it seems like the most I'll make slaving away by month is about 4-500 dollars, which I can easily spend in a day,so that wont work will it?
3) I found that with a DNI you can open a bank account, and with this whole "nuevo DNI" there is a pretty simple way to do it. I am going to test it next week and see if it can work.
4) There are definite ways of moving money in the country in dollars, and also out at a lower rate. This would be most likely the best way to make money without having to work properly.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys, I'll put on another update sometime next week and see where I am at. Hopefully I can make better decisions now, I didn't know Argentines went out until 7 in the morning, it's crazy. Also, Taxis are cheap or expensive, I can't tell.

Hey Guys!

No, I'm not a troll, sorry if I gave out that impression. I think I come off as stupid and abrasive on forum posts and I apologize if I sounded like a troll.

1) it was 500 USD, not 5000, and I've already spent it. I did not know Argentina was so expensive. Soooo, yeah, gotta think quick!
2) I've spoken around, and it seems like the most I'll make slaving away by month is about 4-500 dollars, which I can easily spend in a day,so that wont work will it?
3) I found that with a DNI you can open a bank account, and with this whole "nuevo DNI" there is a pretty simple way to do it. I am going to test it next week and see if it can work.
4) There are definite ways of moving money in the country in dollars, and also out at a lower rate. This would be most likely the best way to make money without having to work properly.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys, I'll put on another update sometime next week and see where I am at. Hopefully I can make better decisions now, I didn't know Argentines went out until 7 in the morning, it's crazy. Also, Taxis are cheap or expensive, I can't tell.

Again, you seem like a troll.

There is no easy way to get a DNI as a foreigner. While Argentina is one of the easiest countries to migrate to, it requires a lot of paperwork.

Also, if it were that easy to make money merely moving money around, don't you think everyone would be doing it.

You either seem like one of those *extremely* naive, fresh-off-the-boat arrivals or you are a troll. I'm guessing troll.

Hey Guys!

Good luck on getting the nuevo DNI. After you manage to get all your foreign paperwork legalized and apostilled and translated and certified again they'll send you your DNI in three to six months.

I found that with a DNI you can open a bank account, and with this whole "nuevo DNI" there is a pretty simple way to do it. I am going to test it next week and see if it can work.

When you go to the bank next week with your Nuevo DNI, be sure to take the constancia of your CUIT or CUIL, a utility bill (gas, water, or electricity) in your name, and your last two months pay stubs or other "proof" of the source of your income (Social Security benefit letter, etc).

That way you won't have to make a second trip.

Good luck on getting the nuevo DNI. After you manage to get all your foreign paperwork legalized and apostilled and translated and certified again they'll send you your DNI in three to six months.
And the actual reason for wanting to apply for residency - i.e. a work contract with a company that can hire foreigners, or proof of rentista income, or marriage to an Argentinean national...

And the actual reason for wanting to apply for residency - i.e. a work contract with a company that can hire foreigners, or proof of rentista income, or marriage to an Argentinean national...

I'm sure if you get part-time work in a hostel they'll sponsor you for a work visa. It's as easy as getting a DNI.

Back