Living In Ba

kevinbryan

Registered
Hey guys

Im a young, English speaking person, looking for a part time job at least 1-2k dollar equivalent per month, more would be better but I can settle for less if I have to.I just moved to BA before christmas and have about 4-500 usd saved up, I figure it could keep me going for about 3-4 months as long as I dont go crazy. Also, I would like to open a bank account here so I can transfer money at the official rate and make money on the brecha, how do I do this?

Anyway thanks for the advice and please respond quickly as I would like to work as soon as possible.

You should have brought that saved cash with you, instead transferring it at official rate. A part time job that pays 2000 us dollars a month ? How part time do you plan to work?
4-5 hours a week ? Many locals couldn't make 2000 dollars working 60 hours a week. But who knows, maybe you will find one.

By the time I left Argentina in March, I was probably not making much more than the equivalent of 2000 USD per month in pesos working full time for a US multinational. It's one thing to dream, yet another to be delusional. And yet another to be a BAXPats troll. Is this Musicman's other account?

Most banks require a DNI to open and bank acxt and why you would use it to transferoney at te official rate blows my mind.

Part time job making that much money?? I guess hit up Craigslist and pray.

Good luck!!

Hey guys

Im a young, English speaking person, looking for a part time job at least 1-2k dollar equivalent per month, more would be better but I can settle for less if I have to.I just moved to BA before christmas and have about 4-500 usd saved up, I figure it could keep me going for about 3-4 months as long as I dont go crazy. Also, I would like to open a bank account here so I can transfer money at the official rate and make money on the brecha, how do I do this?

Anyway thanks for the advice and please respond quickly as I would like to work as soon as possible.

You're going to have settle for less because there's no part-time job here that pays 1-2k US per month, except maybe a taxi boy. Just because you speak English doesn't mean they'll automatically hire you over a bilingual Argentine. The locals that have a bachelor's degree and are well-educated generally are quite proficient in English.

$500 USD might might keep you comfy for half a month. Or did you mean $5,000 US? In order to open a bank account, most banks require that you have a DNI and a monthly salary or proof of income. There was a thread last week about how to open a bank account without a DNI.

What did you mean by transfer money at the official rate and make money on that? If you transfer a $100 US from your account abroad to Argentina, they'll give you $850 pesos (official rate), not $1,300 pesos (the blue rate). Plus, the money will most likely be held up in Banco Central for several months before releasing it to you in small increments.

"looking for a part time job at least 1-2k dollar equivalent per month..."
Sounds a bit far-fetched but,... who knows.

Here's a link to craigslist BA. jobs. Somebody is always looking for native speakers.
http://buenosaires.e....org/search/jjj

Johnniewalker, that's cruel. Don't get his hopes up. Most of the English speaking jobs in that Craigslist link are for nannies and telemarketers.

It's a matter of negotiating skills: when applying for a part time job (receptionist in a bed & breakfast), ask for 3.000 USD then settle for less.

Back