Living The Dream

Rosie my english its not full, but as saw (no ofence) you're a dramatic person, maby too nostlagic to be a traveler. I mean... you shoud'nt know that there is somethings that make differences beetwen the countrys. So going out somewhere looking for fin your homecountry have not too much sense... its like I would go elsewhere and say: "...I miss you Argentina, your birds, your cabs half yellow half black, your icream....o god... im sad.." No body in this world its perfect, and there is no perfect socity too. Im sure if going to uk I'll find a lot of things about the british that I dont understand (like stands up in a chair and tell everything that I think about the queen whitout be arrested, with that way of think I can sit on the toilet, shot you 5 times, and when the cops runs over me tell them: "this its only a shit I made")

@Brigadiar - I'm not sure Rosie is enourmously pained by the upwards esculators nor Argentine dressing habits, she is just pointing out a curious features of life here. Experiencing/observing these differences is at least one of the main reasons for living abroad in the first place.

Equally I'm sure most Argentinians would accept that the amount of paper work and queing one has to underdake in Argentine life is too much. From what I understand for example, making it through 5 years of UBA requires a serious amount of time negotiating bureacracy.

And in any case, this is not a competition, Rosy doesn't say the UK is better or without its own infuriating mysteries (why for example can a country comprised of people who moan about the electoral system vote 70% against changing it last month?), nor does she say that she dislikes life in Argentina as a whole, only that some parts of life here are difficult to understand.

I think it is not her who is being too dramatic or nostalgic, I think you are being far too sensitive to a little bit of playful criticism of your motherland

Also, I must confess, I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here :)

I'll find a lot of things about the british that I dont understand (like stands up in a chair and tell everything that I think about the queen whitout be arrested, with that way of think I can sit on the toilet, shot you 5 times, and when the cops runs over me tell them: "this its only a shit I made")

Of course I know that there will be differences, I am not complaining at all, I like the differences! I was simply commenting on them, that´s all.

In Britain we call it the ironmongers. There are not so many now due to the big stores but they are not so different from those in Argentina.

I laughed out loud at this bit: You are so accustomed to holidays in general, wrong day or not, that you find it quite appalling that you are expected to work a whole month without a long weekend. So true. Thanks for sharing! I'll add you to the blogs I follow.

Back