Local health insurance that accepts pre-existing conditions

Tiluchi

Registered
I am a US veteran with injuries (from an overseas deployment) that require semi-annual procedures to reduce the pain. Because I intend to retire here, I would like to purchase general health insurance. However, so far, OSDE and Swiss Medical have essentially told me to pound sand. I was told that a new Argentine law mandates insurance companies cover pre-existing conditions. Yet, that has not been my experience. I am able and willing to pay for medical care versus utilizing the public health care system. Because when the pain hits, it needs to be addressed quickly.

Is anyone here aware of a local insurance company that covers pre-existing condition? If yes, I would really appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks in advance

there are other options you could look into. such as Galeno Medicus, Omint, H. Aleman,H. Italiano, Luis Pasteur, Hospital Británico (from other posts on the forum).

i can't tell you if they cover pre-existing conditions or not

The law states they must enroll you with your preexisting conditions at a differential price. What they do is different though. To enforce it you basically have to go the legal way and sue them...

So, as Nikad said, they ALL have to enroll you, si o si, but they will do anything they can to prevent it.

That being said, at least in CABA, the courts have ruled that omitting information on your intake form, i.e. "forgetting" (or more realistically, choosing not to identify as someone with pre-existing conditions because the Obra Sociales will chose to not enroll you) is considered an administrative issue, not a legal one.

I can't remember the exact ruling number, but it was something like this:

Parent enrolled their child in a pre-paga/obrasocial ---> didn't disclose previous pre-existing conditions ---> parent sought treatment for these conditions ---> pre-paga/obrasocial refused coverage saying that they committed fraud ---> parent denounced them to the Superintendencia de Servicios de Salud or Amparoed the court ---> the pre-paga/obrasocial was forced to maintain coverage for as long as the parent made their premium payments/maintained the same plan, i.e. they couldn't be unenrolled for lying/omitting about a pre-existing condition becase as the law says they have to cover you, just at a higher premium.

Take this information and do with it what you will, but if I were in your position I could easily see how speaking Spanish as a second language or a "senior moment" might coincidentally occur at the same time you reach the section about pre-existing conditions.

In Argentina it's often better to seek forgiveness than permission.

Sincere thanks to all who responded. I have many friends here and will ask them about the suggestions mentioned above. If there is a solution, we ought to arrive at it. Too, the VA has a Foreign Medical Program that can be leveraged along with my US provider's emergency care provision. You are all much appreciated.

I am a US veteran with injuries (from an overseas deployment) that require semi-annual procedures to reduce the pain. Because I intend to retire here, I would like to purchase general health insurance. However, so far, OSDE and Swiss Medical have essentially told me to pound sand. I was told that a new Argentine law mandates insurance companies cover pre-existing conditions. Yet, that has not been my experience. I am able and willing to pay for medical care versus utilizing the public health care system. Because when the pain hits, it needs to be addressed quickly.

Is anyone here aware of a local insurance company that covers pre-existing condition? If yes, I would really appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks in advance
I am a USMC vet. Send me a DM if you need help / guidance with the VA-FMP. They will also cover conditions "associated with and held to be aggravating a service connected condition".

I am a USMC vet. Send me a DM if you need help / guidance with the VA-FMP. They will also cover conditions "associated with and held to be aggravating a service connected condition".
Thanks. S/F brother.

When I arrived here and we were shopping for health insurance, they were very nice about my pre-existing condition that doesn't require any medical care, it is just an injury with permanent damage. Three days later they all called to say they are sorry and can't enroll me.
I finally omitted it and got enrolled in Hospital Italiano. However, like I said, I don't need extra care because of that, so it hasn't been an issue so far. I understand your situation is different.

Just out of curiosity, what are the going rates of a really good health plan? It's been many years but I used to have OSDE 410 plan. I don't even know if that exists now but what are top plans in top companies going for these days in pesos?

Back