Long term expats in their 30s

So the response has been pretty good so we thought we would start off with a drink this Friday night 30th July at Sugar - Costa Rica 4619. http://www.sugarbuenosaires.com/. Ill be there with a friend from 7.30pm. Will probably be there for a few hours so if you cant come that early feel free to come past later.
Email me if you need anymore info. [email protected]

I also fall into the category, as do quite a few friends here. We're not that rare! Can't make this week's meetup but maybe another time :)

I'm 35!! I'm an Expat!! I feel so apart of something :)

I've been here for 7 years, 3 weeks, and 5 days. Tied up with a local oldy:) (41) and can't escape!:eek:

Friday sounds heavenly:):)

Sad I'm missing this one but the next get together - I'm definitely in. Have a cocktail for me!

I'm in my early thirties, have been married and divorced to an Argentinean, and have been here almost seven years after 2001 and for one year before 2001. Buenos Aires has changed a lot! I organized a get together last Saturday for the expat women and it was really fun. We're going to try and organize mor, so keep posted.

I can't make it to Sugar's, but if you get done early some expats will be hanging out at Freaks around 9pm, on Fitz Roy 1715. Come by if you can.

It's interesting, what I notice, about the age thing, when I think about it, is if someone invited me to a dinner party "for people in their 40s" (my age group) I wouldn't go. Perhaps my having a partner who is in a different age "bracket" indicates an indifference to age as a point of connection, or perhaps it makes me more aware of how little age matters, but I'm glad you posted here, because you found what you were looking for.
I'd be super interested to here back, if you actually connect deeply with each other being that expat/30s is your starting point, could be you've found the gateway to your Tribe, or could be you find something different...

That's cuz you're a cougar HYT, ;)

HotYogaTeacher said:
It's interesting, what I notice, about the age thing, when I think about it, is if someone invited me to a dinner party "for people in their 40s" (my age group) I wouldn't go.

Enjoy Sugar Bar (always find the crowd in there a bit young ;)), some of us old ones (and we aren't ageist, we allow anyone in) will be in San Telmo at The Gibraltar on Friday night as well, so if Palermo is too far for you, you can always drop in and say hi to us.

We are easy to spot, walking sticks, grey hair, stooping bodies :) :).....

Liam3494 said:
Enjoy Sugar Bar (always find the crowd in there a bit young ;)), some of us old ones (and we aren't ageist, we allow anyone in) will be in San Telmo at The Gibraltar on Friday night as well, so if Palermo is too far for you, you can always drop in and say hi to us.

We are easy to spot, walking sticks, grey hair, stooping bodies :) :).....
but that,s at the end of the session Liam:eek:

Back