Long term expats in their 30s

HotYogaTeacher said:
You've chosen an unusual life, when you make such choices it is natural you will be mostly alone. You walk a path that is not heavily trafficked. Partly because you are living here in the stage of life when most people are building a career, a nest egg, a home, a family, and most people do their traveling/expat experience, if at all, before or after that stage.
That isn't a judgment by the way, I live here too, though at 47 am too old for you, my partner isn't, but he lives with me.
I know a number of people in that age group. Though I recognize their rarity. Most of our friends are from 30-50, with the largest portion being around my boyfriend's age, 35ish...
Good luck
Whooopie teeee dooooo, now we know you're a chicken hawk.

30+ and Im new in BA and also here for well I dunno yet to be honest... so would love to meet some similarly aged people for an eve of drinks, food and chat.

AlexfromLA said:
I'm in my late 20's.

I thought you were just twenty... How disappointing - I'm not old enough to be your grandmother, after all. ;)

Sara

SaraSara said:
I thought you were just twenty... How disappointing - I'm not old enough to be your grandmother, after all. ;)

Sara

Lol,

I said i'm in my 20's Sara. I never really specified.

Yeah I don't think my grandma uses the internets. Very few people her age do.

I'm pushing 30, have been here for the best part of 7 years, married to an Argentine. I've met several people in a similar position - I don't think we're thaaat much of a rarity!

Well, we have not yet passed over to the 40s yet. But we are close to the limit! LOL. It's always fun to meet new people.

Ashley i´m planning on organising something for all of us to meet up so please feel free to bring along everyone else!!

Back