Looking For A Flat To Buy

I'm still amazed how much people are asking for their crap flat here (today I read at a site: 160.000 us $ for a 60 m2 awful flat)...
I'm still looking, my max is 120.000, for at least 45m2 but nothing found yet. :-(

I take objection as you didn't want to see my 64m2 flat, all new plumbing, new electricity, new roof, hardwood floors, terrace and in your price range! Low expenses -- owner direct. If it didn't even pique your interest I think you are hard to please! Some pics: http://buenosaires.es.craigslist.org/sub/3942146798.html

In 2008 near the peak of the market I bought a 64 sq m apt in the Recoleta for 148K or about $2200/sq m. It was in impeccable condition ( was previously owned by a wealthy man who used it as a "boudin"[sp?]). A similar apt in a good part of London or NY or many other world class cities would cost close to 4x the price per sq m. I am not terribly concerned if the price has gone down 20% (though I don't believe they have for prime located apts) as it is still a bargain. Factor in very low maintenance ($200 /mo for condo expenses) and minimal taxes and it's a no-brainer for someone who spends a few months per year in BA.

I do know there's inflation in Argentina but I can't believe you bought it in 2008 for 148K and now asking 200K.
Anyway...still looking

I do know there's inflation in Argentina but I can't believe you bought it in 2008 for 148K and now asking 200K.
Anyway...still looking

I know a guy in Palermo Hollywood who bought his in 2009 or 10 for 90k and now wants 180k -- it's 2beds 1 bath, galley kitchen. contrafrente. Old building. They've done it up nicely but I personally would never pay that type of money for it, people here are crazy in what they ask!

I wonder if people are realistic enough to ask such first world prices in a filthy, fifth world city like BsArs. I wonder who will pay these prices, keep on dreaming!
the sooner or the later prices will drop. Therefore I'll wait, no hurries.

I wonder if people are realistic enough to ask such first world prices in a filthy, fifth world city like BsArs. I wonder who will pay these prices, keep on dreaming!
the sooner or the later prices will drop. Therefore I'll wait, no hurries.

If you think BA is a fifth world city you have never been to Africa, most Latin American or Asian countries.

So basically BA isn't up to the standard of world leading cities like London, NYC, Paris, but isn't exactly Kinshasa in the Congo.

Overpriced, probably.

So basically BA isn't up to the standard of world leading cities like London, NYC, Paris, but isn't exactly Kinshasa in the Congo.

Overpriced, probably.

The irony is that in most African countries, real estate is way more expensive than BA because of lack of supply and expats trying to get a decent place.

On BA been overpriced, it depends on how you measure it. If you use, the price of square meter with respect to the average local salary, I have not doubt about it. For international standards and what BA offers, I think is not. Maybe I am bias because I am from one of the cities you mentioned and there you need a million dollars to buy an awful 80/90sq meter flat.

Back