Looking For A Good Young And Talented F.l Logo/web Designer.

The same goes for you sir. Respect your elders as we say.

I've got over 12 years experience in logo design and branding, wed design, Joomla & WP, database sites, corporate gigs and fashion sites as well. There's some other designers on the board who I know are up there in years of experience as well, who are producing quality work, and you know what, I don't think a single one of them will be contacting you after you're "under 28" comment, because even if it was interesting work, who wants to work for a smarmy little sh$# for a boss?
Another one who hasn't gotten some clue of what she's talking about. Wow! Did you ever heard that you reap what you saw? An elder who saws disrespect, reaps only the same. Where is the wisdom that is supposed to go with the age that is yours, as an elder? You will be surprised to hear the number of people who will propose their services to this post, when the right people take notice of this post. But as an elderly woman, learn that a boss, young or old remains the boss. It is a principle.

Another one who hasn't gotten some clue of what she's talking about. Wow! Did you ever heard that you reap what you saw? An elder who saws disrespect, reaps only the same. Where is the wisdom that is supposed to go with the age that is yours, as an elder? You will be surprised to hear the number of people who will propose their services to this post, when the right people take notice of this post. But as an elderly woman, learn that a boss, young or old remains the boss. It is a principle.
Hey I hope whomever you choose to do your project uses spell check on that website because if I were you the first thing I would do is hire a person that can teach you how to spell and express yourself properly in English.

It seems to me that the OP is more concerned with saving a few pesos than expanding his search to some designers who are potentially more experienced, talented, and knowlegeable.

Meh, that's his prerogrative. If he chooses to potentially compromise the quality of his website, whatever. You get what you pay for.

It seems to me that the OP is more concerned with saving a few pesos than expanding his search to some designers who are potentially more experienced, talented, and knowlegeable.

Meh, that's his prerogrative. If he chooses to potentially compromise the quality of his website, whatever. You get what you pay for.
Oh! Thank you, but it won't even be in pesos that the designer will be paid. I do not believe that the younger ones can't offer a quality of work, equal or superior to what the '' potentially more experienced...'' can offer. Thes best never always had something to do with expensive cost. I never make that relation.

Any serious web designer would just simply ignore this ad. Any employer who makes age a requirement especially for something like some webpage with a promise of "doing a lot more in the future" is obviously an exploiter looking to get someone who is young to work for 2 cents. Good companies and managers know that experience comes with age and the most talented people have years of experience under their belt. Don't get me wrong, I've worked with some young people in their 20s who are VERY smart and have great ideas, however the times I've worked on important projects at large companies the teams were made up of people between 35-55 years old.
Good for you, Mr. Looks like we live in a different planet. 35-55 Y.o (So they had also some age limit for their employees?), that was the age limit set by the company your worked for? Well, mine sets a bit lower, for maybe much more cash!!!! Any serious designer, woud not waste his time joining you guys in wasting your and my time, with the poor comments that look more like comments of frustrated fellows. He/she woud simply send his work samples or links for me to see his/her worth, then talk about the job and payment. You guys really have a lot of time to waste, meanwhile, i do my thing.

I like it how age discrimination is just par for the course here. Not that I don't think people should be able to hire whoever they want.

Here's a logo idea...
dont_trust_anyone_over_30_button.jpg

It is a curious but opportune mistake I think that this thread was started in the Culture category when on it's face it seems more suitable for the Jobs category. I say on its face because it idoes clearly demonstrate a difference that exists between Argentine and U.S. cultures (as well as many other cultures, no doubt). I remember when I first moved here from NY, I checked the classified ads for employment opportunities and was appalled to find ads that specified not only age but sex (and some even asked the 18-25 year old female to send a photo).

Sadly, Argentine culture seems accepting of age and gender discrimination, and many employers see nothing wrong with it, as Roland_P clearly demonstrates. I say sadly because discrimination of any type is harmful and ought to be condemned outright, and I applaud those of you who are giving Roland_P a piece of your minds.

Hopefully, within our lifetimes, things will change in this country and the positive things about Argentine culture won't be marred by ugly outdated modes of thinking like this.

Not sure if the OP is chasing a web designer or a piece of ass. One thing for sure is Roland seems to be assimilating well in to argentine culture from this "ad".

Back