Looking for a reliable VPN

I have been using Windscribe for couple of years now -- stable and reliable.

I use ExpressVPN, on my laptop and my phone, but I can't describe it as reliable. It regularly loses connection to the VPN server, on the phone this happens several times a day, giving no indication, just leaving me without internet until I realize and manually reconnect. Customer support is mediocre.

Yes...I use Mullvad. Some sites know you are using a VPN and will block you.
This is true, we wanted a VPN to be able to manage a bank account in Venezuela but it didn't work :-(

On the other hand, FB and Instagram think I'm in the US, and BBC Sports works for me when I want to see rugby.

I also use express vpn, good speeds from here. UK, US, Canada locations for streaming services are actively maintained to prevent detection by the streaming services.

If you are interested, the code "talkshow" gives an extra 10% off, it is a voucher from the accidental tech podcast

How much is Express VPN a month, after the thirty-day free trial?

depends on subscription length....i cant seem to find where you put in the discount code now

with the previous link (if opened in a browser on a desktop)
15 Months + 30 Days (includes 3 Free Months) => US $6.67 per month

For some reason if you open on a mobile device it is more expensive.
12months + 30 Days => US $8.32 per month.

Last edited:
You can see the problems on the site due to the mismatch of the IP address and DNS, but ExpressVPN is a VPN service with its own private DNS. Unlike other VPN services, whenever you're connected through ExpressVPN, your DNS activity is protected by the same encryption and tunneling protocol that covers the rest of your internet traffic, because ExpressVPN runs its own DNS on every VPN server.

It may seem expensive, but this is one of the best solutions on the market.
This is not advertising and I do not leave referral links. This is just a tip.

my experience with ExpressVPN was sketchy at best....it seemed the sites I wanted to access (Amazon Prime, etc) were always one step ahead of ExpressVPN....I used others that worked, but they eventually disappeared....I wasn't going to make a career out of accessing US sites, so I just quit.....kind of got fed up with paying for stuff that didn't deliver.

Back