Looking for builder/ architect

tez

Registered
Hello. Does anyone have a builder or architect to recommend? I have searched the forums and picked up a few names, but most are pretty old recommendations. It's a sizable job-- I need someone to add two bathrooms and remodel a kitchen, and then some more basic things like wall repair and some stationary furniture (if furniture is the right word).

I've been "working" with a man who came recommended but it has been hell to get him to come round to make a firm quote, so I have decided it is foreshadowing an unfortunate relationship.

I don't mind working directly with a builder, in fact I think I might prefer it. No English necessary.

I appreciate any help or tips, thanks.

Hi Tez,

I am an architect living in Buenos Aires. I would be very interested in doing this work for you. I have recently finished renovating and extending a house in Belgrano with my own team of workmen. I can send you some picutes of the work and would be pleased to give you a quote for the design and construction. You can check out my web site at garwinfarrenarchitect.com. I am rebuilding the site right now but you can email me at garwinfarren@gmail .com.

I would sell myself by saying that the advantage of involving me is that I am an award winning architect originally trained as a carpenter who can realise the project. This forgoes the poor communication which often exists between the architect and the builder. I have built kitchens and wardrobes here. Hiring me would result in cost savings in terms of good design decisions, sourcing materials and delivering on site

Please give me a call on 15 3494 0095 and we can meet up for coffee and discuss your needs and thoughts.

I hope to talk to you soon, Garwin.

Hello Tez

I am an architect from Norway running an office in Buenos Aires together with two other architects, one from Spain and one from Argentina -
You could have a look at our webpage: www.estudiobabo.com.ar
You find mostly new building projects, but we do refurbishments as well.
If you are interested in our services give us a call on (011) 4553 7340

Best regards
Marit Stabell

Hi Tez,

I have been through a similar process - whereby I bought an old PH, then with an architect and builders redesigned and remodelled it. It was hell - the initial budget the architect gave me was 50% less that the final price for remodelling and the time factor estimated was well below what was required. Looking back after 2 years, the pain has been worth it, although i would not do it again! I understand you are remodelling the kitchen then adding two bathrooms. Firstly, do you know what you are putting in there - tiles, taps, kitchen units, accessories. Before even starting, you need to have an idea of what you want the place to look like. If you go down the builder route, he will do what you instruct him to do, but obviously tell you if it can or can't be done. Adding bathrooms can be quite tricky, as it means adding a number of outlet sewerage pipes (from these bathrooms) to whatever is there.

In terms of the kitchen, if you are adding new kitchen units or worktops, this is something that the worktop makers do themselves. I bought my kitchen units in Av Cordoba (between 5700-6000) there are a number that are much cheaper than anything along Libertador but quality is the same. Av Alberdi 3800 (for around 8 blocks in Floresta) is a must to visit as again it has the same quality but much cheaper prices.

In terms of a builder, I have used a couple of teams. However, Cristian (tel: 1559009367) is reliable, of complete confidence (which is very important) and does good quality work. He has done alot of work not only on my property, but also on my neighbours properties in Palermo. He can be a bit slow with supplying a budget, but you just need to push him a bit. Whenever I have worked with him, I have always bought the materials myself - he does let you know what materials are required though (cement, sand etc).

good luck

Sanj

Everyone in this town is either a lawyer or an architect. I interviewed about 10 architects to renovate my apartment. So many were really hopeless. I did the plans myself, found a contractor through an acquaintance and voila. Although there were few problems with the contractor, I wouldn't recommend him. I have lost contact with my acquaintance who moved to Nordelta.

I can recommend Gabriel Chabulli (dont know if I spelled his last name right) email [email protected]
He speaks perfect english....has workers that are very inexpensive...has done lots of remodels.....a good guy

Back