Looking For Employment In Film/entertainment!

Cece212

Registered
Hey Expats,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I've recently moved to Buenos Aires after graduating from film school in NYC and am looking for a way to break into the film world here. I've had plenty of experience in New York between professional productions and school projects. My speciality is camera and lighting for film and tv. I also do photography.

My big issue is that I've been here for about three months now and I don't know where on earth to look for something in the entertainment world. Is there a blog, website, or union websites? I have contacts here but none are directly connected with film and regardless none are hiring.

As for my spanish I speak it well, though I continue to work on it daily. Also thanks to some argentine family I have here I'm working on the proper paperwork for a DNI.

So any advice from anyone that has found a job in the arts here?? I'm open to anything art related really. Paying or not, I just want to get my foot in the door right now.

Sincerely,

Momma needs to eat

Hi Welcome to the Forum,

Here is one user who has Production company or something like that if I am not wrong, I can't remember the name of the user, but keep visiting here and you will find that user or use Classified, and I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Best Regards.

1) Visit the Film Schools and see you can volunteer on their shoot. (On in San Telmo on EEUU b/n Defensa & Balcarce)

2) Go door to door in Palermo "HOLLYWOOD" asking the different production companies, ad agencies, TV stations... if you can start off making their coffee (probably preparing their mate), washing their dishes, and taking out the trash so that you can actually work inside and office and then go from there. BA is probably not that different than LA.

Contact Francis Ford Coppola who lives in Buenos Aires.

I think he moves after they robbed his house. After the scandal if him not wanting to pay the actors I believe he gave up and left. I might be mistaken.

Hey, my boyfriend's brother works as a grip at a production studio in San Telmo. Message me with your Spanish resume and I'll see what I can do/recommend where to look!

Back