Looking For Recommendations On Car Repair Shop In Zona Norte

I have an excellent mechanic for autos (and I have one I want to kill for motos... grrr).

My excellent mechanic for autos did this:
- changing the timing belt (Fiat Palio)
- taking out the top of the engine (water was leaking in one of the cylinders).
- he sent the "tapa de cilindros" (top part of the engine) to fix
- he cleaned the injectors

How much did he charge for the parts (timing belt is around 500/600) + workmanship in total? ==> 2000 pesos

And he's honest too: I had given him a first prepayment of 600$ for the belt and once the job was done, he sent me a message: "that's 2000 pesos".
I thought this amount was added to the previous 600 but when I tried to pay him 2000, he replied "how much did you give me before?"... that was 2000 in total.

The guy works really well too... Only downside: 45 kms North of BA and tricky to come back to the city

Hi everyone,

I need to get some maintenance done on my 2010 Gol Trend but unfortunately I have no idea where to go.

Does anyone have good experiences with a garage that repairs VW in zona norte, preferibly Olivos or Vicente Lopez?

Apart from the usual stuff like oil change I need to have the toothed drive belt of the motor changed because I passed the 60.000 km.
The offers I have so far from the official Volkswagen concesionarias are horribly expensive.
So any recs on a garage that does a decent job and does not charge exagerated amounts are highly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers.
Never heard of car that requires timing belt change at 60,000km. Shame on VW that is just bad engineering.

Back