Los paises mas corruptos del mundo

brocolliandtea said:
Six military coups, one per decade on average between 1930 and 1976, were ALL someone elses fault. A brutal 2 decade regime in the 1800s was all someone elses fault. The total lack of transparency in Argentine govt. at any level is all someone elses fault. The green envy of a sucessful country that can boast of over 200 years of uninterupted peaceful transfer of power lingers.

Oh, the virus of Spanish influence lingers yet.

So if those military coups were backed by the CIA. Would you then admit that it wasn't only the Argentine's fault?
How about all the other Latin American countries like Guatemala and Nicaragua, do they also have themselves to blame?

jazrgz said:
Can anybody honestly say that the K´s have nothing to do with today´s deplorable state in all areas you can possible think of ? Granted, and again, i agree with you on this, Menem did his part, dont get me wrong, he was a disgrace for our country, but that does not under no circumstances excuse the K´s and their corrupted actions and their obscene enrichment which of course have a total impact on the country (in addition to Menem´s actions of course).

Because the K's corruption didn't lead to the bankruptcy of the country. It was already bankrupt when they took over. So it's hard to blame them for the current situation. However, criticizing them for other things like corruption I do understand. But in that aspect they are just like most Argentine politicians.

orwellian said:
Because the K's corruption didn't lead to the bankruptcy of the country. It was already bankrupt when they took over. So it's hard to blame them for the current situation. However, criticizing them for other things like corruption I do understand. But in that aspect they are just like most Argentine politicians.

According to the K´s we overcame the bunkrupcy situtation right after he took over the govt and indeed that was the situation. The 2001 crisis was a direct resault of Menem´s actions, but that situation was resolved no to long after, K did not have to deal with that crisis almos at all.
I disagree with you, most polititians are not like K or menem, they are indeed opposites in every possible way but the ones that end up winning the elections are the Ks and the Menems and that´s exactly my point all along. IT´S OUR FAULT !! WE PUT THEM THERE, NOT THE CIA OR WHATNOT

jazrgz said:
According to the K´s we overcame the bunkrupcy situtation right after he took over the govt and indeed that was the situation. The 2001 crisis was a direct resault of Menem´s actions, but that situation was resolved no to long after, K did not have to deal with that crisis almos at all.
I disagree with you, most polititians are not like K or menem, they are indeed opposites in every possible way but the ones that end up winning the elections are the Ks and the Menems and that´s exactly my point all along. IT´S OUR FAULT !! WE PUT THEM THERE, NOT THE CIA OR WHATNOT

I wasn't there during that time but I sincerely doubt that the situation was resolved in that 1 year period before the devaluation and Kirchner winning the election. You probably should use the word stabilized.
Besides, I don't blame the crisis on the CIA but the IMF and the World Bank in conjunction with your corrupt politicians.

Well I think you are confusing human rights and ethics and how efficient a government is in enforcing it's own policies. I think that when they say corruption in this sense they are talking about how well organized the government is and how good it is about enforcing its policies and sticking to its rules. China, for example, is terrible when it comes to human rights, but has a well ordered government, so it got a fairly good ranking.

cabrera said:
Your arrogance shows Mr New Zealand a country that must win the award for the most hypocritical society on the planet . Corruption is a very easy term to dismiss a society and demonise a people for political reasons and if we really define corruption New Zealand , Australia, USA, Norway , and many others would be much higher than Argentina.

How many wars has Argentina committed itself too ? Are we currently in Iraq, Afghanistan and other wars that New Zealand under the banner of Anzac has supported . It always follows its Masters Orders.

New Zealand must win the grand prize for the lap dog of the world and its glorious celebration of the Anzacs shows it respect for the cruelty of war. Lies and more lies were fed to us about Iraq, Afghanistan and many other wars and New Zealand like Australia still committed its praised soldiers to commit crimes and destruction on innocent peoples . There is no worse corruption nor worse human crime than those committed in lies and deceit.

How many dictators has Argentina supported freely ? Those governments were imposed on us by outsiders like Henry kissinger and his band of evil men that supposedly are once again from the freedom loving west .

Geez give us a break ..............................

pericles said:
I suggest to those like Brocoli and others that they broaden their understanding of Latin American History and watch a few excellent documentaries by John Pilger and others .

War on democracy is a informative film.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3739500579629840148#

Great documentary by a great expat freelance journalist and war correspondent.

But it's inutile to feed the pig and expect the beast to understand good manners, it won't get in the head there isn't enough intelligent neurons in the brains to assimilate the information...waste of time, again.

Also i would reccomend the website information clearing house it give you the news you will never hear on TV

So Jazrgz, who would you want to see in power?

I'm trying to learn about Argentines because I'm a foreigner who's seriously considering retiring there. I'm about to visit BsAs for the 4th time and I know some portenos who I'll see again but we I can't discuss politics because I'm just a visitor and I don't speak Spanish although I'm studying it at home here. They tell me only of their disgust with the current government.

Also, you say that Menem and the Kirchners are all the same. In my country, some of us say that about the opposite ends of our political spectrum. And so do citizens of Britain and even a bit in the US. But you seem to mean this in a more-in-depth, far more serious way. Can you tell me why the M and the Ks were/are essentially the same? Thanks!

mexico is crazy corupt. seems like most of the gov't/milt. is in bed with narcos. all it takes it money to get out of bascially any problem (and way less than in the usa)

i had to pay $1200 to pay off a cop in l.a.
in mexico all it took was a coke-cola

Back