Luggage/Bag Storage

casyolsn

Registered
I will be heading down to Buenos Aires on the 22nd of November with a large backpack and a carry-on luggage bag. I will begin TEFL training in January, but would like to travel around prior to the course. I will be bringing my computer and some professional clothing due to the job and training, but I do not want to carry my valuable computer, nor my unnecessary clothing around with me on my travels.

I am a young female traveling solo, so I do not wish to have any added targets on my back by carrying a computer and camera equipment around (the last time I was in South America I was robbed).

Mailing things down does not seem like an option....I found out that not only is customs for mail difficult and expensive, but nothing over $1000 can be mailed from US to Argentina. I've done some preliminary thread searches on this wonderful site and discovered 3 possible storage options in Buenos Aires:

Storage Areas: Mas Espacio or Depósito Belgrano
Luggage Storage: South American Explorers Club

Now for the questions...
Has anyone used any of these services?

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for other companies?

How much should I expect to pay for storing a small carry-on luggage bag?

Mas Espacio requires a CUIT...which I think is similar to a Social Security Number. Does this mean that only Argentine residents can use their services?

Does anyone have any additional advice or words of wisdom?

Thanks so much all!
Cheers and I will see Buenos Aires soon!

Hi

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and had a few members email me privately offering to store my suitcase and a box or two. They might email you separately as well.

I think it might be a business opportunity for someone.

Mahara

Back