Mac Repair

davonz

Registered
Has anyone had to get their macbook repaired here under warranty, and where did you go ?

A friend has a macbook that the rubber bottom is coming off (design fault) and there is a global replacement program ( http://www.apple.com/support/macbook-bottomcase/ ) . He is wanting to know where is the best place to get it done in BA as there is no APPLE STORE as such, just authorised resellers..

Yes, my husband got his reapired well fast and free at the Unicenter Apple Store.
It took 1-2 days and it was fixed.

Anywhere closer to town..

Has anyone been to MacStation on cordoba - do they do repairs under warranty ?

why don't you call them and ask? Or go to the website it should say what services are included in each store..

headclick said:
There's plenty of Apple Authorized Service Providers.

Here's how to find your AASP ASAP.
http://www.apple.com/lae/buy/locator/index.php

There is a big differnce in service here, and am wondering if anyone has used one that was good, and downtown - as in good service, as in quick to get parts and repair. When i had my laptop repaired here under warranty it took them months to get the part, always telling me it would be here next week, but next week never came, and they didnt really care. This same thing would have been fixed next business day in my home country...

Lee said:
There is indeed and I do recommend him. I think he is out of town at the moment however...

Contact info in the link below:

Link

I might be wrong, but i dont think this guy is an authorised mac service agent, who will get the part and repair for free, as this is a free replacement.

I have found by far that the best apple service center is Novotech located at Av. Libertador 15493 in San Isidro.

The motherboard on my MacBook Pro recently critically failed. I took it to the Apple store in Las Canitas who told me it wasn't covered on warranty and would cost me about 1500 USD to fix. I then took it to an Apple service center downtown who kept it a month, charged me 130 pesos and told me to buy a new motherboard....they also destroyed my battery somehow as it was all swollen up when I retrieved the laptop. Frankly, I don't think they did anything but somehow ruin the battery.

The thing is that 2008 MacBook Pros have a known motherboard/video card problem that apple will fix for free.

Suffice to say, I brought it to Novotech and within 10 days they had replaced the motherboard under warranty for free!

The moral here is that not all Apple service centers are equal....choose the right one or you might be out alot of $$$.

Back