Mac Repair

davonz said:
Anywhere closer to town..

Has anyone been to MacStation on cordoba - do they do repairs under warranty ?

yes they do.

davonz said:
There is a big differnce in service here, and am wondering if anyone has used one that was good, and downtown - as in good service, as in quick to get parts and repair. When i had my laptop repaired here under warranty it took them months to get the part, always telling me it would be here next week, but next week never came, and they didnt really care. This same thing would have been fixed next business day in my home country...

My daughter dropped something on her laptop and her hard disk was broken. I would say that that does not go under warranty. I brought it to mac station, and within the 24h they had said it would take, I had the laptop back. With new hard disk. Under warranty.
So yes I am very happy about the service.

katti said:
My daughter dropped something on her laptop and her hard disk was broken. I would say that that does not go under warranty. I brought it to mac station, and within the 24h they had said it would take, I had the laptop back. With new hard disk. Under warranty.
So yes I am very happy about the service.

Thanks, thats what i wanted to know.. will take it there on tomorrow and see what they can do..

I bought my macbook in the u.s. and bought applecare with it. i was wondering if the warranty would still apply here.
Anyways, my macbook has been having trouble charging lately and I took it in today to the store at unicenter and they confirmed that it just the magsafe that had burned out. Unfortunetly they had none there to give me and said it could take up to 3 months for the shipment to come in!!! In the end the service guy told me it was best to check out the other stores to see if they had magsafes.
any recommendations?

best recommendation is to send an email to the US and with the serial number of your laptop they should be able to ship for free express given you cannot replace the part here, 3 months is ridicules.
happened to my husband and he got it on the spot in Switzerland or Germany and they let him keep his old charger as well (that has a different plug so now he has one for each continent..)

Don't you just hate the stupid electricity plugs in Argentina? I hate them so much!!

Well so its my adapter/charger thats dead. Which apparently is a big problem here because under warranty its going to take months for it to get here. Apparently theres this new law thats causing trouble bring apple accessories into the country.
But they have some to sell for like 800 or 900 pesos a pop!
augh. I wished I was travelling outside of the country sooner.

And yes I hate the electricity here. It fries everything! :(

Sorry just need to express myself. Mac owners take good care of your adapters/chargers!

LaGringaArgentina,

We are having the same problem. Did you ever have any luck getting it in BsAs under warranty? It is covered by AppleCare, but apparently the Secretary of Industry has put a delay in Customs on parts of this nature. I use that computer for work, so 3 months is out of the question. Anyone have any ideas or have a MagSafe for MacBook Pro to sell that isn't 900 pesos? Mercardo Libre's markup is comparable also.

i think the ban will be lifted when Anibal Fernades' ipad doesnt work any more

adarling, I have an old MBP 85W MagSafe for sale. I was going to post it on MercadoLibre soon, but you can have it. Used ones are selling for ~ USD $35 on US eBay, so its yours for AR $100. :) Send me a PM if you want it.

Back