Mac Service...told My Only Option Is Uruguay?

I'm sure you could somehow tell customs that you are sending it out and it could come back in. I used to have to do this when I took camera equipment out of the US back in the 60's, 70's, before free trade.

Tom

I had a similar problem with a new mac. My solution was just to use a monitor until I went back to the states. Not sure if that is an option for you, but it worked well for me. Monitors are semi-cheap here - you can get a decent one for around 150 US - which is likely cheaper than a trip to Uruguay. You can also sell it in the future and recoup almost all of the cost.

Suerte

Lookup Ricardo, he has parts and i know there has been alot of problems with mb airs, so he might have spare parts for them. You can contact him via his website.

www.balaptop.com

This problems with apple parts has been going on for at least 3 years.

My DH was in charge of the IT equipment dept at a large IT multinational company. There they use only Macs, when there was a problem, they would just try to source a new machine, as getting parts is virtually impossible. Any purchases had to be planned out at least 65 months in advance, and it would sometimes take much longer than that. At times, because the situation is so screwed up here, they would fly new workers to a foreign country to be able to give them a macbook pro or air computer, as they could not even get those here!

Back