Macri To Use Public Hospital Services

Gringoboy

Registered
Whilst no one is expecting Macri to do a full Pepe Mujica (although he did donate his Cap Fed mayoral salary I believe), this decision, whilst political, is very correct and not surprising when viewed from the perspective of the Macri model.
Good for him, I say.
Will he ask his ministers to do the same?
The rib injury is still painful and anyone who's come off a motorcycle will know what that feels like.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1862120-mauricio-macri-se-atendera-en-hospitales-publicos-durante-su-presidencia

"Siempre que sea necesario Macri se atenderá en dicho hospital a menos que sus médicos "le indiquen otra cosa"."

My reaction to Macri's demagoguery:

A41.gif

Whilst no one is expecting Macri to do a full Pepe Mujica (although he did donate his Cap Fed mayoral salary I believe), this decision, whilst political, is very correct and not surprising when viewed from the perspective of the Macri model.
Good for him, I say.
Will he ask his ministers to do the same?
The rib injury is still painful and anyone who's come off a motorcycle will know what that feels like.
http://www.lanacion....-su-presidencia

Apparently he did this as Jefe de Gobierno porteño as well. So nothing's changing really.

He looked like he was in pain during the press conference a couple of days ago.

"Siempre que sea necesario Macri se atenderá en dicho hospital a menos que sus médicos "le indiquen otra cosa"."

My reaction to Macri's demagoguery:
I had to look that up for a refresher:
Demagoguery is a manipulative approach — often associated with dictators and sleazy politicians — that appeals to the worst nature of people. Demagoguery isn't based on reason, issues, and doing the right thing; it's based on stirring up fear and hatred to control people. For example, a politician who stirs up a fear of immigrants to distract from other issues is using demagoguery. Demagoguery is one of the most negative aspects of politics, but it's also one that's all too common.

I had to look that up for a refresher:
Demagoguery is a manipulative approach — often associated with dictators and sleazy politicians — that appeals to the worst nature of people. Demagoguery isn't based on reason, issues, and doing the right thing; it's based on stirring up fear and hatred to control people. For example, a politician who stirs up a fear of immigrants to distract from other issues is using demagoguery. Demagoguery is one of the most negative aspects of politics, but it's also one that's all too common.

Demagoguery is not just politics of fear. Pretending to be or act like "the common man" is also demagoguery.

Camberiu, you should understand better than anyone that eating your own dogfood and pretending to be the common man are different things, even though the same act may have elements of both.

Bloomberg took the subway to work, when he could helicopter every day on his own dime and not miss it. And when everyone knew it - he wasn't trying to fool anyone.

I don't think Macri is trying to hide for one second that he can afford any hospital he likes. It's an act of solidarity. Even if he cuts ahead of the line and gets better attention, he'll still be walking in the same building with the same dirty hallways, the same hideous elevators, etc.

His apartment is also rather low-key for someone of his net worth. Looks like a guy who doesn't like getting too far out in a bubble. Make a BFD out of it and call him some kind of hero? Like gringo said, Mujica? No. But demagogue? Come on.

I see this as a dogfood issue - which doesn't look bad at all from a branding perspective either.

That's OK, up to a point it's pretty healthy.
But one can most definitely overdo it.

Call Macri aloof, call him cold, whatever. But ostentatious he's not. The car he rode in to the Casa Rosada was decidedly not ostentatious. His apartment isn't ostentatious. There simply isn't, really, any good reason to go "demagogue!" the minute you hear him do something people-ish.

He hasn't earned that charge - or is remarkably consistent in his demagoguery.

Back