Macri cheats, fight fire with fire

More of the same ilk

So Macri is in Dolores and his "acto" is about to start. No sign of 400 buses full of fans, let alone 4 buses. Pagina 12?

From what I see on the live coverage there are more journalists and police than there are "militantes".

OLM3MIRIKBD7ZMMBAS3LUIJGTY.jpeg

So, the usual Argentine "Much Ado About Nothing" ??

At least it certainly wasn't "As You Like It" ;)

So, the usual Argentine "Much Ado About Nothing" ??

At least it certainly wasn't "As You Like It" ;)
Some would call it “fake news” but obviously, like Fox News, Pagina 12 is above that. ;)

There looks to be about 300 people there at most (most of whom have grey or balding heads and wear collared shirts). Many of them probably locals having a look-see at the most exciting thing to happen in Dolores since 1892. What a bore.

Actually, Pagina12 is reporting the same thing as you have said

Finally, the former president Mauricio Macri carried out the act in the city of Dolores, prior to his judicial appointment to testify in the case for the illegal espionage that his government carried out on the relatives of the ARA San Juan. There he sought to show himself as a politically persecuted person and said "to be in solidarity with the relatives" of the sunken submarine and accused the national government of "using a tragedy to harm" the opposition.

"Here I am trying to understand this untimely and unfounded summons in the middle of an electoral campaign," said the former president in front of the small concentration in front of the Municipality of Dolores.

A handful of people to support Macri

The concentration brought together the militants in an area that did not exceed half a block of street and short sections of the square and sidewalk of the communal palace. According to Macri, there were no more people "because on the road (to Dolores) there were more police checkpoints than normal."

"There are always these evils," he said as the time he blamed the rain for the failure to call one of his opening speeches of the regular session in Congress.

So there you go. It would seem I was completely mistaken, certainly not for the first time, and probably not for the last ;)

Actually, Pagina12 is reporting the same thing as you have said

Finally, the former president Mauricio Macri carried out the act in the city of Dolores, prior to his judicial appointment to testify in the case for the illegal espionage that his government carried out on the relatives of the ARA San Juan. There he sought to show himself as a politically persecuted person and said "to be in solidarity with the relatives" of the sunken submarine and accused the national government of "using a tragedy to harm" the opposition.

"Here I am trying to understand this untimely and unfounded summons in the middle of an electoral campaign," said the former president in front of the small concentration in front of the Municipality of Dolores.

A handful of people to support Macri

The concentration brought together the militants in an area that did not exceed half a block of street and short sections of the square and sidewalk of the communal palace. According to Macri, there were no more people "because on the road (to Dolores) there were more police checkpoints than normal."

"There are always these evils," he said as the time he blamed the rain for the failure to call one of his opening speeches of the regular session in Congress.

So there you go. It would seem I was completely mistaken, certainly not for the first time, and probably not for the last ;)
Pagina 12 said there would be 400 micros...

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 13.06.36.png

Anyways, apparently the hearing for the case has been suspended until AFI (and current President Alberto) give him approval to talk about classified information or something like this and today's process was delayed because the courts' computer didn't work. Chori-pan and circus.

Last edited:
Some would call it “fake news” but obviously, like Fox News, Pagina 12 is above that. ;)

There looks to be about 300 people there at most (most of whom have grey or balding heads and wear collared shirts). Many of them probably locals having a look-see at the most exciting thing to happen in Dolores since 1892. What a bore.

They accomplished their goal, get their readership outraged. Clicking, sharing, commenting!!

Then Pagina12 sells more advertising, more profits for the shareholders to buy apartments in Puerto Madero, Nordelta and Miami.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Respect to Pagina12!

Mindlessly beating up on Pagina 12 is a favourite pastime of a few here, but Pagina 12 has nothing to do with this discussion, it appears to have re-run a report from La Politica Online (LPO) from 25.10: https://www.lapoliticaonline.com.ar...olores-para-que-lo-banquen-en-la-indagatoria/

"Fuentes del PRO dijeron a LPO que ya se contrataron 400 colectivos para llevar gente del Conurbano y el interior de la provincia al acto que se realizará a las 11, mientras Macri deba comparecer ante el juez Martín Bava en la causa por espionaje ilegal a los familiares de las víctimas del ARA San Juan".

I have no idea what, if any, political tendency LPO follows, but their claim is very specific.

There's little point in looking for reports of this now in the opposition's cheerleader media, even if you think you saw this in one of them, it's certainly gone now. I suspect this also happened in the case I commented on in another thread of the CABA "health minister". It's always been a mystery to me why certain news organizations have such a major profile in Facebook and Instagram, places where you can't find a post 5 minutes after you've seen it: but for news organizations who don't want to be held to account, and want to instantly manipulate their history, FB and Instagram are ideal.

Mindlessly beating up on Pagina 12 is a favourite pastime of a few here, but Pagina 12 has nothing to do with this discussion, it appears to have re-run a report from La Politica Online (LPO) from 25.10: https://www.lapoliticaonline.com.ar...olores-para-que-lo-banquen-en-la-indagatoria/

"Fuentes del PRO dijeron a LPO que ya se contrataron 400 colectivos para llevar gente del Conurbano y el interior de la provincia al acto que se realizará a las 11, mientras Macri deba comparecer ante el juez Martín Bava en la causa por espionaje ilegal a los familiares de las víctimas del ARA San Juan".

I have no idea what, if any, political tendency LPO follows, but their claim is very specific.

There's little point in looking for reports of this now in the opposition's cheerleader media, even if you think you saw this in one of them, it's certainly gone now. I suspect this also happened in the case I commented on in another thread of the CABA "health minister". It's always been a mystery to me why certain news organizations have such a major profile in Facebook and Instagram, places where you can't find a post 5 minutes after you've seen it: but for news organizations who don't want to be held to account, and want to instantly manipulate their history, FB and Instagram are ideal.

Pagina12 is "news" that is put through a highly ideological filter with conspiracy theories mixed in to reflect back the viewpoints of the readership. Anytime you see a story there where there is a hint of scrutiny towards the Ks, you'll find a very angry comment section.

I know that every news organization has their biases, but Pagina12 is like a Fox News - quite extreme in how close they stick to the party line.

It's a successful business model. I don't knock them for it.

Back